Sign in to follow this  
HAWKI

Problematic Uninstalls of EIS

This week I had many problems with uninstalling and reinstalling EMIS 10. I have all ports stealthed except port 22 which is blocked but not stealthed. So I wanted to try another program to see if the issue was being caused by EMIS 10. I tried several other programs and the issue is clearly not being caused by EMIS10.

BUT - On several occasions the uninstall would freeze. On other occasions the uninstall would appear to complete but when I tried to reinstall I got an error message that EMIS 10 was already installed but it did not appear on the uninstall list and I cleaned my registry of any EMIS entries.

LMAO: I tried a lot of other programs to check on the open port. The last was Kaspersky IS, but I am nervous about the SSL stuff so I uninstalled it to again attempt to reinstall EMIS 10. But it would not install saying it was already installed. I checked the uninstall list and there it was. But I was not seeing an icon. I had unsuccessfully uninstalled it so it would not re-install so many times I actuall forgot to try to uninstall it before installing KIS :-) This time the uninstall and re-install went fine. What I find amusing is that I was able to install KIS while apparently EMIS 10 was "installed."

In any event my point is that I had several problematic uninstalls of EMIS 10 (freezes and incomplete uninstalls). Windows 8.1

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is known to cause issues with Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security (usually freezing and performance issues). If it has an option to not start with Windows, then I recommend doing that and restarting your computer so that Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit isn't running when you try to uninstall/reinstall EIS.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is known to cause issues with Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security (usually freezing and performance issues). If it has an option to not start with Windows, then I recommend doing that and restarting your computer so that Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit isn't running when you try to uninstall/reinstall EIS.

Thank You Arthur :-)

Perhaps you would prefer not to answer, and I would understand, but should I not use MBAE at all with EMIS 10? I have not experienced any freezing issues with the combo, other than uninstall and install. Performance seems good to me.

Is there any known way the combo would be self-defeating, i.e., lessen overall protection?

Perhaps you would prefer not to answer, and I would understand, but should I not use MBAE at all with EMIS 10? I have not experienced any freezing issues with the combo, other than uninstall and install. Performance seems good to me.

As far as I know, if you're not experiencing any performance/freezing issues, then there shouldn't be any issues with using both.