Guest Tempus

In need of a good advice.. please

Guest Tempus

Hey Emsisoft

I had recommend Emsisoft Internet Security to a friend of mine, based on my own good experience with the product. He is not a techie regarding computers. He is evaluating the product, and is on his second week of the free trial. He took some screenshot of some firewalls notifications that concerned him. He has know idea how to answer those notifications, so he just pressed " update rule ". He called me because he was concerned he had said yes to something he shouldn't had said yes to. I am writing on his behalf, and has promised to ask if there is any way that the firewall can be configured, to take those decisions for a user that is not a techie. (Btw. I told him that he has nothing to be worried about , regarding the notifications, he saw.)

Regards Tempus.

post-29665-0-56456800-1436021869_thumb.png
Download Image

post-29665-0-80942300-1436021880_thumb.png
Download Image

Hi Tempus,

If you meant to hide the notifications every time an application updates (which looks like IE in this case) then you can create a rule for the application in Behavior Blocker. Launch the app, right click on its entry in the BB panel, select Create rule, then place a checkmark in Don't alert when this file changes, then click OK. That should stop EIS from asking to update the rule every time an application is updated.

The notification for iexplore.exe (Internet Explorer) gives the MD5 and SHA1 hashes for the file. If you do a Google search for those hashes, then you can check and see if it is a legitimate version of iexplore.exe.

The other one gives no information, but it should be possible to upload the file to VirusTotal for more information.

Guest Tempus

Hi

Thanks for the answers GT500 and Alexstrasza. I will pass the answers/suggestions to my friend, and hope that he can use them. I have my doubt because he is not so well versed in how to handle situations regarding popups. He is otherwise very happy regarding how light it is regarding,  no slow downs. (he streams movies a lot). I will try to show him what you have suggested.

Thanks.. regards Tempus