maki

How to reduce CPU usage of 92-99% CPU ?

High CPU usage.
How to reduce CPU usage of 92-99% CPU ???

i5 760 2,8 GHz (4 core)

Windows 7 64-bit

Emergency Kit Version 10 (latest)

Disk (SSD 120 GB Kingston) and HDD 36 TB

Screen%20Shot%2007-05-15%20at%2011.17%20

That is working as intended. We will use all the resources your system has to offer to finish the scan as soon as possible. Our engine is also able to parallelize a lot of the work, meaning unlike many other products we are able to leverage CPUs with multiple cores. If you want EAM or EEK to use less resources for on-demand scans, you can make adjustments under "Scan"/"Performance settings".

It does not help, scan many data on large drives, causing all the time maximum CPU load and high temperature.

Can not perform any other activities on my computer, because EEK, uses all the power of the processor.

Reducing CPU = disable some cores

Ashampoo Core Tuner 2

1-25%

2-50%

3-75%

4-100%

So to sum things up: You first felt we were using too many resources. You then limited the resources to artificially slow down the scan so we use less resources. But now you complain the scan is too slow?

May I ask how long a scan takes, what settings you are using, how many files you have and what other applications are running in the background while you are doing a scan?

8-16 hours - Scan (600 GB partition, a few million very small files

In the background, there are no programs (I turned off all -> Startup Optimizer -> Disable all apps)

If there are really millions of files, then it is no surprise that the scan takes a long time. I would expect just the file list to be huge. I suggest you split the scan into multiple parts and scan only a small number of sub-folders at once.

Click on Scan, Custom Scan. Then remove the drives that are listed by default by selecting them in the list and pressing the "Remove folder" button. Than add single folders using the "Add folder" button.