Mostafa Elbadry

Emsisoft and Google Chrome

Hello,

I want to know does emsisoft detect any ingect in Google Chrome because I had a friend who was using version 9 of emsisoft Internet Security his Google Chrome was infected and emsisoft only detect the infection on scan. Is this fixed now

Also does emsisoft protect registry?

Also does emsisoft protect registry?

As far i can tell that Emsisoft behavior blocker will kick in when an application try to modify your registry. 

• Upvote 1

Hi there,

I believe Emsisoft only alerts about registry changes if it is a malicious action (attempt to create Run value, for example). It does not alert against all registry changes like Spybot's TeaTimer.

I believe Emsisoft only alerts about registry changes if it is a malicious action (attempt to create Run value, for example). It does not alert against all registry changes like Spybot's TeaTimer.

That's correct, only certain registry changes are monitored, and changes made by trusted applications are automatically allowed.

As for browser extensions that are considered malicious or "PUP" (Potentially Unwanted Program), if you install them through the browser then they probably won't be detected, however if a program you run tries to install a bad extension then it should be caught by at least the Behavior Blocker.