maki

EEK not detect "browsersfeedback Pop-Up Ads"

Can you send us logs from AwdCleaner and Junkware Removal Tool? Here's instructions for doing so:

Please download AdwCleaner and save it on your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers (you may want to print our or write down these instructions first).
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on "Scan".
  • When the scan is done, click on the 'Clean' button to remove what was found.
  • After the cleaning process is done, you will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open n Notepad after the restart (this is the log of what was removed), which you can save on your desktop.
  • Please attach that log file to a reply by clicking the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.
  • If you lose that log file for any reason, you can find it at C:\AdwCleaner[s1] on your computer.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.
  • Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Please attach the JRT log file to a reply by clicking the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.

4. When the scan is done, click on the 'Clean' button to remove what was found.

This causes more harm than good. On many forums I found similar problems for data loss

a) damages Chrome profile (!)

b) removing a lot of the "good!" extensions (Chrome, Firefox etc.)

Junkware Removal Tool

automatically erased all bookmarks, browser history and all open last tabs...

Can not restore (even when I choose to restore the system) !!!!!

I lost a lot of data !!!

ESET Smart Security 8 - detected and super-safely removed the Pop-Up!

Did you actually run the tools, or did you let someone complaining about them on another forum talk you out of running them?

Hi Mr. GT500 - Run 2 times

and twice lose data,. Now I avoid "pseudo-tools" that do not have the "undo".

Ps. I'm not going to lose data for the third time!

AdwCleaner = Undo? = No!!!!

Junkware Removal Tool = Undo? = No!!!

Pseudo Tool ...AdwCleaner + Junkware Removal Tool = Guaranteed data loss! <==== Affirmed also in many forums (!!!) The same issue of data loss.

I am not sure where you got the information that many forums think running AdwCleaner and JRT cause data loss, but in many of the malware removal sites I know the two tools are used on a regular basis without issues. Any false positive is quickly fixed provided that it is reported to the developers.

AdwCleaner does have an option to restore from quarantine. Besides it allows you to pick what is to be removed.

JRT creates a backup of the registry before it removes anything, so you can restore from that if you need it.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Arthur... just wanted to explain.

I'm sorry but it's true, I tried everything... can not restore ... Ex. The profile is damaged, the story has the browser completely empty, and when it comes to registry - believe that it will not help. I wrote on the forum and have interesting information for me - cannot be undone.

Alexstrasza - ban ! (I do not like spies)

Disclosure of personal information is punishable by law.

I will not continue here so Arthur can help you. If you want to keep up this discussion, take it to pm.

Hi Mr. GT500 - Run 2 times

and twice lose data,. Now I avoid "pseudo-tools" that do not have the "undo".

Where are the logs the tools saved? I don't see them anywhere in any of your posts.

Both tools save backups of what they remove. They are not "pseudo-tools", and are used in many online support forums to assist people without the problems you describe.

Pseudo Tool ...AdwCleaner + Junkware Removal Tool = Guaranteed data loss! <==== Affirmed also in many forums (!!!) The same issue of data loss.

That's simply not true. This is sounding more like an attempt to give these legitimate tools a bad reputation than a request for assistance.

Alexstrasza - ban ! (I do not like spies)

I will be more than happy to ban you. Just let me know when you would like me to do it. ;)

I used AdwCleaner and now I have a problem.

"This application has encountered an unrecoverable error and must be closed".

Where is the option to undo?

How to recover deleted bookmarks, how to recover the deleted history, how to recover the last opened tabs and how to recover all extensions in the Chrome and Firefox? and how to fix "broken profile in Chrome"

Opens only "blank page" no bookmarks, history - all empty.
I used the best data recovery tools PowerSearch technology, but found only the data that is overwritten or completely damaged.

Ps. I misunderstood what he wrote  Alexstrasza- my mistake.

How to recover all the data?

100. 000+ Bookmarks, Large History (2010-2015) , Extension, 552 Last Tab...

# AdwCleaner v4.204 - Logfile created 11/07/2015 at 12:03:09
# Updated 12/05/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-07-10.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (x64)
# Username :xp
# Running from : C:\Users\xp\Desktop\adwcleaner_4.204.exe
# Option : Scan

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

Folder Found : C:\Users\xp\AppData\Roaming\download Manager

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Found : HKCU\Software\Smart PC Solutions
Key Found : [x64] HKCU\Software\Smart PC Solutions
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{059EACC2-1ABE-49E8-928D-DC8BD355B7A9}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{AE91F9CE-0900-4E2A-B673-F3F6E4FC54D9}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{22511E2E-7970-414E-BC7C-28D16C4AF54D}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{23C5311E-016D-4999-BCB1-499898429D6C}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{2C4B6DB8-6413-403B-A038-16A352CFE8B9}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{46803190-228D-470E-90FE-F5E0CEA9C4F2}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{5180FE16-2E09-497B-9C8B-5A6F029ECECB}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{A4F6E1B3-469E-46EF-A936-FBA9D5EFD2B9}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{C97AF157-6A27-4F57-9D47-E2D3E4761B77}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Driver-Soft
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions\pkijdmeepjhpenmighhaodgfoogncnlk
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Driver Genius_is1
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{0FCE4F01-64EC-42F1-83E1-1E08D38605D2}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{1A2A195A-A0F9-4006-AF02-3F05EEFDE792}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{22511E2E-7970-414E-BC7C-28D16C4AF54D}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{23C5311E-016D-4999-BCB1-499898429D6C}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{2C4B6DB8-6413-403B-A038-16A352CFE8B9}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{2D9DB233-DC4B-4677-946C-5FA5ABCF506B}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{46803190-228D-470E-90FE-F5E0CEA9C4F2}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{4C0A69B0-CE97-42B7-86FC-08280C99C74D}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{5180FE16-2E09-497B-9C8B-5A6F029ECECB}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{A4F6E1B3-469E-46EF-A936-FBA9D5EFD2B9}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{C1F5E799-B218-4C32-B189-3C389BA140BB}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{C97AF157-6A27-4F57-9D47-E2D3E4761B77}
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{F60C9408-3110-4C98-A139-ABE1EE1111DD}

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17840

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v38.0.5 (x86 pl)

-\\ Pale Moon v

-\\ Cyberfox v

-\\ Google Chrome v

-\\ Chromium v

-\\ Opera v0.0.0.0

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1471 bytes] - [27/12/2014 10:58:36]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [1229 bytes] - [03/01/2015 19:46:41]
AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [2531 bytes] - [19/05/2015 14:45:33]
AdwCleaner[R3].txt - [4125 bytes] - [06/07/2015 11:16:00]
AdwCleaner[R4].txt - [3999 bytes] - [11/07/2015 12:03:09]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1802 bytes] - [27/12/2014 11:11:56]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R4].txt - [4117 bytes] ##########

No bookmarks were deleted according to the log. In fact, no files related to your web browsers were deleted according to the log. There was a registry entries related to a Google Chrome extension that is classified as Potentially Unwanted that was deleted, but this shouldn't have effected your bookmarks (unless you were using this extension to manage your bookmarks).

AdwCleaner saves backups of everything it removes in the following location if you want to check through it:

C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine

Where's the log from Junkware Removal Tool?

Not use any tools, I do not want the next damage Chrome profile, the next data loss.

This is a new log, the previous log does not exist.It was not created because of an application error.

Bug !!!!!

Previous log (0 KB).

€[śADr+ţŮTť˛ (Open log)

"This application has encountered an unrecoverable error and must be closed".
Can not restore the data?

No unnecessary log !!!

My computer is 100% clean. Regular Pop-Up has been removed by ESET.

Block URL http://www.browsersfeedback.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My question is. How to restore all the data browsers?

How to undo the "Clean"? and restore 10 GB(!!!) of data?

1. I chose. "Clean"

2. Restart my PC.

3. Loss date !!!!!

Is it so hard to understand?

Nobody in this universe needs 100.000+ Bookmarks and 7 browsers!

If the data were so important for you then it is ridiculous (I could also use another word here...) not to have a back-up of these.

"Not use any tools, I do not want the next damage Chrome profile, the next data loss."

--> What now? Are the data lost or not?

So, look there:

C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine and try your best to restore the alleged (by AdwCleaner) deleted data. (GT500 told you!!!)

If that does not help try a former restore point of Windows.

"Where's the log from Junkware Removal Tool?" GT500 asked you, so...?

GT500 asked for the log from Junkware Removal Tool to see if it was indeed the cause of your data loss... It is in your best interests that you cooperate with him.

Riker - C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine

16 MB (2014-12-27)Old log / Old Scan

My folder with all the data (Chrome & Firefox)

size 10 GB (!) (2015)

Junkware Removal Tool.

This software is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. You may use this software at your own risk.

Screen%20Shot%2007-12-15%20at%2004.35%20

And what now?

Read the 1.sentence in the black window!

If you don´t follow the help of GT500 and his instructions nothing will change: Moaning because of JRT won´t help!

I use Emsisoft EEK.
I do not need to use additional tools.

Why use other tools?, other applications are better than Emsisoft? :D lol

Why use other tools?, other applications are better than Emsisoft? :D lol

No, but the guys who makes these tools focus entirely on these sorts of things, so its natural that their detection will be a little better. We add things these tools detect when we realize that they are detecting something our software doesn't, but to do that we need the logs.

As for JRT, it doesn't appear to create backups of deleted files (I have asked the creator of the tool for confirmation of that), but it does save a backup of the registry before running its scan. The kind of data you are referring to doesn't sound like it would be in the registry (most browsers save that data as files). Regardless, if there's something on your computer that prevented JRT from running properly or from saving its log, then you may want to look into that as the cause of the issue.

I still do not know how to restore deleted data with this tool AdwCleaner.
Restoring the registry will not help restore deleted files !!

I had a full backup copy of the registry, but did not return any data

It's true that the odds of finding what you are looking for with ShadowExplorer are slim, but if you can't find them with it then the only other option is a file undelete tool.

I'm not an expert. I want to easily recover data ... I'm not going to use the tools that I do not know how to use !!!!

I'm not an expert. I want to easily recover data ... I'm not going to use the tools that I do not know how to use !!!!

Well, then the "10 GB size of bookmarks" are lost and the thread can be closed finally!

There's no easy way to recover data, unless there's a backup of that data.

Close all open programs and internet browsers (you may want to print our or write down these instructions first).
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on "Scan".
When the scan is done, click on the 'Clean' button to remove what was

Nobody said to backup. Only "Clean".

You can't blame AdwCleaner. It saves a backup of everything it deletes, and as you said your "missing data" was not in the AdwCleaner backup.

When they say you should have backed up your data, they are trying to explain that if you have important data that you don't want to lose you should be making backups of that data on your own. That way if something bad happens, you can just restore the data from your backup. In these days of ransomware, this is especially important, because you'll lose everything if you don't have a proper backup of your data.

can repair a profile, but not shown(tutorial) how to repair corrupted data.

Is the data still there?