Mike098

Support For Windows 8

Hello Reader,

When will Emsisoft stop support for Emsisoft Anti-Malware with updates on Windows 8 64-bit (not Windows 8.1 64-bit). I know that Microsoft stop support for Windows 8 64-bit on January 12, 2015 and that is very soon. Thanks in advance!

Dear Jerky,

You have to click on the "Windows 8.1 FAQ" and then read number 7. in your advised article!

Kind regards!

First of all, none of them actually say January 2015 so i think you are misreading somewhere because the way you are saying are not making any sense that Microsoft drop Windows 8 in New Year month.

Windows 8.1 falls under the same lifecycle policy as Windows 8, and will reach end of Mainstream Support on >>>>January 9, 2018<<<, and end of Extended Support on January 10, 2023. With the General Availability of Windows 8.1, customers on Windows 8 have 2 years, until >>>>>January 12, 2016<<<<, to move to Windows 8.1 in order to remain supported." 

None of them said January 2015 buddy. 

This is what Mirosoft says about end of support for Windows 8.1:

Windows 8.1 falls under the same lifecycle policy as Windows 8, and will reach end of Mainstream Support on January 9, 2018, and end of Extended Support on January 10, 2023. With the General Availability of Windows 8.1, customers on Windows 8 have 2 years, until January 12, 2016, to move to Windows 8.1 in order to remain supported.

Official end of support date is in 2023, which is roughly 8 years from now. ;)

Can I just point out that Mike 098 says he is specifically talking about Windows 8 64 bit (not Win 8.1 64 bit)

Hello Reader,

When will Emsisoft stop support for Emsisoft Anti-Malware with updates on Windows 8 64-bit (not Windows 8.1 64-bit). I know that Microsoft stop support for Windows 8 64-bit on January 12, 2015 and that is very soon. Thanks in advance!

I was not going to reply to this thread because i don't know if Mike just trolling or maybe mistype somewhere? Also, GT500 how am i abuse him? All i point out that there's nothing say about January 12,2015 which is literary doesn't make sense that Microsoft drop Windows 8 after 2014, i would like you to take your warning point back sir because i will not accept it. 

Also, GT500 how am i abuse him?

I quoted what I gave you the warning for.

... i would like you to take your warning point back sir because i will not accept it.

It doesn't work that way.

BTW: You're hijacking this user's forum topic. Please either continue this discussion with me via a private message, or in a new topic in a more appropriate section of the forums. Any further posts in this topic in regards to this subject will be deleted.

• Upvote 1

Don't know anything about dates, but if you don't have 8.1,you may not get some updates. 8.1 did fix many problems

with 8.0

Some machines can only run 8 and not 8.1... I'm not sure why, but it has something to do with hardware support.

I think there were some computers sold that were only intended to run Windows 8 due to agreements signed with Microsoft, but I'm not 100% certain.

I had already upgraded to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8, but my graphic card is not compatible with Windows 8.1. So I had to go back to Windows 8. Does any one know how long Emsisoft will give updates for Windows 8?

Does any one know how long Emsisoft will give updates for Windows 8?

I don't think we've decided yet. End of support from Microsoft is so far in the future that we may not need to decide for a very long time, but in the end it depends on things like how many customers are still using Windows 8, whether or not Windows 8 deviates enough from Windows 8.1 that we have to do special things to keep our software running on Windows 8, and how badly Microsoft breaks things on Windows 8 in the future. Under optimal conditions, we could conceivably continue to support Windows 8 for many years.