Sign in to follow this  
jmarsh07

can't connect

The software, which was running perfectly for months all of a sudden says it can't connect to the service application.

Now, I restarted (3 x's) like it asked, with no joy.

I reinstalled, but now can't get past the point where I input my licence code. Then the pop up appeared again saying it couldn't connect.

I have tried reinstalling another 2 x's but again, the same problem.

I am running Windows 10 build 10162.

And as I can get onto the internet (I posted this!) it is not a problem at my end. Yours is the only thing I am running that isn't working at the moment.

What's up? Any answers?

Thanks for your time.

post-37217-0-97026200-1436426166_thumb.jpg
Download Image

There are known issues with Emsisoft Internet Security on Windows 10 at the moment. I don't think the issue you're having is one of them, but my understanding is that in more recent builds of Windows 10 our network filter driver doesn't work. We currently do not recommend using Emsisoft Internet Security on Windows 10.

That being said, Emsisoft Anti-Malware should work fine on Windows 10.

I just did a clean install of EIS Build 5532 in my Win 10 setup which is Build 10162 and it is working fine.  So it is possible.  Build Win 10 10162 did break a lot of stuff for me, so beware.

Pete

I just did a clean install of EIS Build 5532 in my Win 10 setup which is Build 10162 and it is working fine.  So it is possible.  Build Win 10 10162 did break a lot of stuff for me, so beware.

Pete

Thanks for the warning, but EIS is the only program not working for me, and it just started this morning, was working fine up until then. Been running 10162 since the day it released. It's the best build yet.

I am running windows 8.1 and EIS was working well, since yesterday night with the update, and the message to restart, after restarting I have receiving the same message that says:  "

Emsisoft Protection

A major problem has prevented the application from starting. Emsisoft Security can't connect the service application. Please reboot your computer and try again or contact support if the problem persists."

After many rebooiting EIS still does not work.

I just redownloaded the EIS client from the Emsisoft site and reinstalled using it instead of the one I had saved at time of purchase and everything is working again. So maybe you should try that.

Deleting the Emsisoft Protection Platform driver and then restarting the computer should resolve this issue. I don't have instructions for doing this on Windows 10, however I can write some instructions for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, and it shouldn't be too difficult to do the same in Windows 10:

Windows 7 32-bit

• click on the Start button.
  • Go to All Programs.
  • Go to Accessories.
  • Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
  • Type in sc delete epp32 and then press Enter on your keyboard.
  • Restart your computer.
Windows 7 64-bit
  • click on the Start button.
  • Go to All Programs.
  • Go to Accessories.
  • Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
  • Type in sc delete epp64 and then press Enter on your keyboard.
  • Restart your computer.
Windows 8.1 32-bit
  • Right-click on the Start button.
  • Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
  • Type in sc delete epp32 and then press Enter on your keyboard.
  • Restart your computer by right-clicking on the Start button, going to Shut down or sign out, and selecting Restart.
Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • Right-click on the Start button.
  • Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
  • Type in sc delete epp64 and then press Enter on your keyboard.
  • Restart your computer by right-clicking on the Start button, going to Shut down or sign out, and selecting Restart.