PeterNauta

Reinstall Emsisoft IS

this morning got some problems in program, didn't start, sometimes black screen

tried to remove it and reinstall, normally piece of cake

now the removal didn't work and when trying to install again I get message that I must remove first old program but that doesn't work

what now?

by the way, did with EEK test, nothing wrong on that side, no malware or whatever, so we can skip that

https://dl.emsisoft.com/Emsiclean.zip I am fairly new here in this forum,but downloading and saving this tool to desktop,then running it in safe mode should hopefully solve your issue.If I have run aground of forum policies I apologize,or if a mod can provide further information and detail,that would be great.

Regards

Edited by GT500
Updated link for Emsiclean. There are now two versions (32-bit and 64-bit) bundled in a ZIP archive. Run EmsiClean64, and if you see an error message then run EmsiClean32.

superssjdan said:

We don't usually recommend running Emsiclean without asking to see the log before recommending whether or not to remove things. In most cases it is safe to use the tool without supervision, but there are some cases where it can cause issues (such as if Online Armor was installed and not properly uninstalled, you can end up with no Internet connection after running Emsiclean).

Also, in general if you reboot your computer twice after uninstalling Emsisoft Internet Security then you shouldn't have problems with parts of the software not having been removed. ;)

Edited by GT500
Updated link for Emsiclean. There are now two versions (32-bit and 64-bit) bundled in a ZIP archive. Run EmsiClean64, and if you see an error message then run EmsiClean32.

twice? OK, let's try that. I didn't have time to do this on my laptop today, will try it tomorrow.

strange thing is that it won't install because there is a version it says but you can't delete the version

anyway, I will let you know tomorrow evening after I tried

OK, if the second restart doesn't help, then here's instructions for Emsiclean:

Please download Emsiclean from this link (be sure to save it on your desktop), and follow the instructions below to get me a log:

• Run the Emsiclean download that you saved on your desktop.
  • Read the disclaimer. Note that you must agree to it in order to proceed.
  • Once the scan is finished, simply exit Emsiclean, and do not remove anything.
  • A new file will be saved on your desktop with a log of what was detected. Please attach that to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.
Edited by GT500