sedol1339

Emsisoft doesn't allow program to start

I downloaded mutorrent installer from utorrent.com, and tried to install it, then Emsisoft move installer to quarantine only because of "bad reputation". I'm pretty sure that the bad reputation of the installer was given by users, which downloaded malware via the mutorrent, or didn't remove extra checks during installation, but mutоrrent itself is safe.

I restored mutorrent.exe from quarantine, with adding to exclusions, but when I run it again, it is blocked again. Why Emsisoft don't understand me?:) What should I do?

I downloaded mutorrent installer from utorrent.com, and tried to install it, then Emsisoft move installer to quarantine only because of "bad reputation". I'm pretty sure that the bad reputation of the installer was given by users, which downloaded malware via the mutorrent, or didn't remove extra checks during installation, but mutоrrent itself is safe.

I restored mutorrent.exe from quarantine, with adding to exclusions, but when I run it again, it is blocked again. Why Emsisoft don't understand me? :) What should I do?

If you believe Emsisoft detect it as a false positive, feels free to report false positive through Emsisoft via http://support.emsisoft.com/forum/58-false-positives/.

Have you looked in the exception list to make sure the program is listed?  You can turn off Emsisoft and install.  We at Emsisoft do not support the use of programs used for illegal activities and torrent software often is used to pirate content, software, music, videos.  If that is your plan prepare for infections and issues.  Of course torrents can be completely legal and is a useful content. 

Edited by JeanInMontana
typo

If you don't want EAM to quarantine files based on their behavior automatically, I suggest you disable the "Automatically quarantine programs with bad reputation" under Settings/Privacy. That will enable you to allow uTorrent to install by just selecting one of the allow options of the behavior blocker alert.