boudin66

Understanding EIS Firewall component

I have been "married" to Norton Internet Security since 1995 - back when you had to purchase the Antivirus and Firewall programs separately (and it still had the name Peter Norton on the box). 

But during this past year, I have been looking to make a change.  My initial thought was to buy Bitdefender Internet Security, but after coming across the Emsisoft name on a YouTube video, I have been intrigued.  The reviews and testing results of Emsisoft's Anti-malware and Anti-virus protection have been impressive. 

But it is the EIS firewall component I want to know more about.  I cannot seem to find any reviews or testing results associated with the firewall. 

Can someone tell me how the EIS firewall compares to the Norton Security firewall that I have long trusted.  What is similar and what is different?

I have about 30 days remaining with my Norton subscription, so any information about the EIS firewall component that will help me make an informed Internet Security software decision is very much appreciated.

There are some video reviews on YouTube of Emsisoft Internet Security:

http://www.anti-malware-reviews.com/2015/02/24/video-review-emsisoft-internet-security-vs-500-malware-samples/

http://www.anti-malware-reviews.com/2014/12/10/video-review-emsisoft-internet-security-9-scores-100/

Those are both around 6 months old, but there are a few newer ones on YouTube, such as this one:

As for how it compares to Norton's software, I can't say for sure, as I haven't tested their software in many years.

That's a fair enough response.  However, could someone explain this part of the Emsisoft Internet Security: 

Bonus: Online Banking Protection 
Keeps fraudsters away from your money by hardening your browser software.

"Online Banking Protection" is not a specific feature, but more of a byproduct of all of the protection mechanisms in Emsisoft Internet Security. With the Behavior Blocker alerting when unknown applications try to do anything potentially malicious, the Surf Protection preventing connections to malicious websites, and the firewall monitoring incoming and outgoing traffic, it's difficult for malicious software to steal bank account information without you seeing some sort of alert that something is going on.