Da Phu

Emsisoft and Windows 10 questions

I got couple of questions need to answer before installing Windows 10 to prevent any major or critical conflicts.

1) Any date or any information that Emsisoft will support Windows 10 on the lauch day? Because i will setup my Windows 10 within 1 or 2 day.

2) Do i have to shut down protection modules and turn off self protection before setup Windows 10?

Thanks for the help and appreciate it.

1) Any date or any information that Emsisoft will support Windows 10 on the lauch day? Because i will setup my Windows 10 within 1 or 2 day.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware works on Windows 10 right now, with the exception of a delayed shutdown issue that is fixed in the latest beta version.

Emsisoft Internet Security is more complex, since in one of the previews in the past month Microsoft changed something that broke a lot of firewall drivers, including ours. Our developers are working to resolve this as quickly as possible, but for the moment Emsisoft Internet Security is not compatible with Windows 10 and should not be installed on it.

2) Do i have to shut down protection modules and turn off self protection before setup Windows 10?

This shouldn't be necessary, however you can shut down the Behavior Blocker just in case it may try to display any alerts during the process.

Thanks, and will Emsisoft Emergency Kit support Windows 10 on the lauch day as well?

As far as I know it already is. I've asked our developers if there are any outstanding issues with EEK on Windows 10, but I expect the answer will be "no". ;)

I try the new version EIS  5561 on windows enterprise 10240 x64  but the suite is freezing , i  had to wait for response .I test firewall on PCflank and the results were bad.

So i think that EIS is not yet ready for win 10 ,despite the latest improvements for win 10 , course maybe i am wrong

Maybe Emsisoft did not try to stealth ports ?

Last I heard Microsoft did some changes to Windows 10 that broke a lot of things (the EIS firewall driver included), so don't try that for now.

So i think that EIS is not yet ready for win 10 ,despite the latest improvements for win 10 , course maybe i am wrong

As mentioned before, EIS won't work on Windows 10 yet as Microsoft broke various firewall drivers. We don't have an ETA for a fully Windows 10 compatible version yet.

• Upvote 1

As mentioned before, EIS won't work on Windows 10 yet as Microsoft broke various firewall drivers. We don't have an ETA for a fully Windows 10 compatible version yet.

Alright, but if you have any information when Emsisoft products going to support official Windows 10 please let me know, because i been using Emsisoft Internet Security for about a year with minimum issue so i would like to continue using your product.

... if you have any information when Emsisoft products going to support official Windows 10 please let me know...

Emsisoft Anti-Malware already supports Windows 10, and the version 10.0.0.5561 release over the weekend should have resolved the last outstanding issue with Windows 10 compatibility.

Obviously, as Fabian has mentioned, Emsisoft Internet Security will take some more time to get fully working on Windows 10. There's no ETA for this. Obviously we hope it will be soon, however there's no way for us to know for certain when we'll be able to have the needed changes done and tested and ready for a public beta. ;)