marko

Windows Explorer Integration broken in v10.0.0.5561 ?

Hi

I've just had the latest version update rolled out to my netbook - it's running Windows XP Home SP3 with no other real-time security software.

I have WIndows Explorer Integration selected in EIS gui but 've just right-clicked a file and chosen 'Scan with Emsisoft Internet Security' but nothing happens.

I've tried a reboot, and also unchecking the option in the EIS gui and re0enabling it but it still won't scan the file from the Windows Explorer right-click menu..

Any ideas ?

Regards

Marko

Thanks guys.

It used to work in XP too.  I definitely used it late last week to check a single file and it worked fine.

The only thing that's changed on this machine since then is the new version of EIS.

We are currently looking into this particular issue that only affects XP. Keep in mind that using XP is extremely risky. The recent zero days found in the Windows kernel do exist on XP as well and there is no patch. Since this is a kernel mode vulnerability, sandboxing as well as exploit mitigation software are ineffective as well. I urge you to update to an operating system that isn't abandoned as soon as possible.