Luis62

Firewall inactive on windows 10 upgrade

Hi, Seems I have upgraded to windows 10 and cannot activate the firewall. Is it a known problem or is this version incompatibility?

EIS is incompatible with Windows 10 atm, due to Microsoft KEEPS breaking Emsisoft firewall core. I would just wait and use Windows defender temporarily until Emsisoft staffs say everything is good to go.

• Upvote 1

Yes, this is a known issue. Please feel free to keep an eye on this article for Windows 10 compatibility information. ;)

"All scanning and malware protection features work well in the latest version (10.0.0.5561), but there is still a glitch with a certain firewall feature. Our development team is on it and will provide a fully operational beta version throughout the day."

Will that make the users vulnerable if the firewall is not fully 100% functions? 

That depends. For home users behind a router, it makes no difference. If you are a mobile user and join public networks on a regular basis, disabling the firewall in EIS and turning on the Windows Firewall may be a good idea.

I had this problem just after updating. uninstalling EIS and reinstalling seems to have solved it.

I also thought that it was solved this way but, when I checked the network that it was supposedly monitoring, it was blank and then just to be sure, I checked my Ethernet adapters and I noticed that Emsisoft network filter was not present like it should be.  That's the problem they are dealing with and hopefully a solution will come out soon, as I just bought a $50 license within the last 3 weeks. Recently, I read that they are putting out some betas that may deal with the problem. So, you might want to check that out.

This issue should be resolved soon. Our developers are hard at working trying to get the firewall updated for Windows 10. ;)

This issue should be resolved soon. Our developers are hard at working trying to get the firewall updated for Windows 10. ;)

Sweet! I'm currently using Windows defender(temporarily) and MBAE. Also, does emsiclean work on Windows 10 as well? 

Also, does emsiclean work on Windows 10 as well?

It should work fine on Windows 10. At least, no issues with Emsiclean on Windows 10 have been reported, and we haven't noticed any issues in our own testing.