Sign in to follow this  
ratman

High CPU Usage When Downloading With qBittorrent

I've been experiencing something similiar in the last few days .

My pc  (i5 4670 16gb w7 64bit) lags like crazy when using qbittorent 3.1.12 . Cpu usage jumps from 7-15% (idle) to over 85 % when qbittorrent is active .

I do not have many torrents active (only 16)

I've already checked my pc for malware

Any idea?

My pc  (i5 4670 16gb w7 64bit) lags like crazy when using qbittorent 3.1.12 . Cpu usage jumps from 7-15% (idle) to over 85 % when qbittorrent is active .

This is normal if you're connected to a VPN when downloading torrents. Our developers will look into the cause as soon as possible.

Disabling the firewall lowers the cpu usage greatly (less than 5% with Firefox & qbittorrent active)

As far as I know I'm not using a VPN

Lets get a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) from one of the following links, and save it to your Desktop (please note that some web browsers will automatically save all downloads in your Downloads folder, so in those cases please move the download to your desktop):

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows:

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows:Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.
  • Run the FRST download that works on your computer (for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 please right-click on the file and select Run as administrator).
  • When the tool opens click Yes for the disclaimer in order to continue using FRST.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When the scan is done, it will save a log as a Text Document named FRST in the same place the tool was run from (if you had saved FRST on your desktop, then the FRST log will be saved there).
  • Please attach the FRST log file to a reply using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.
  • The first time the FRST tool is run it saves another log (a Text Document named Addition - also located in the same place as the FRST tool was run from). Please also attach that log file along with the FRST log file to your reply.

I'm not seeing any obvious causes for the issue in your logs.

Are there specific torrents that you experience this with, or does it just seem to happen based on the number of connections made by qBittorrent?

I'm not seeing any obvious causes for the issue in your logs.

Are there specific torrents that you experience this with, or does it just seem to happen based on the number of connections made by qBittorrent?

No to both questions.

Seems to be random.

Worked fine in last 24 hrs

I'll try seeding much more torrents to see if it happens again

Added 70 well seeded torrents to my queue

Cpu usage is around 40-50 %

Opening Firefox (with about 50 tabs) makes it more laggy even mouse is unresponsive

Disabling the firewall lowers the cpu usage to less than 10 %  (rarely spiking to 15%) even download speed jumps from about 600 kbs to over 1400 kps

Could it been an issue related to port mapping ?

I've set up a virtual router for qbittorent in my router management 

I've set up a virtual router for qbittorent in my router management

Interesting. Does that require any configuration in Windows, or just in your BitTorrent client?

Interesting. Does that require any configuration in Windows, or just in your BitTorrent client?

I made no big changes in W7 ....I only assigned a static ip to my pc.

The port (28002) used in the virtual server was chosen by qbittorrent

post-6885-0-91422000-1438428489_thumb.jpg
Download Image

post-6885-0-13579800-1438428542_thumb.jpg
Download Image

I have had a similar problem with NNTP downloads in the past couple of weeks.

Using "Process Explorer" I was able to identify that the Emsisoft Network Filter (in the network adapter properties) was causing the "interrupts" process to take > 50% of the CPU.

This was confirmed by disabling the Emsisoft Network Filter: when disabled everything worked normally.

My solution was to delete - then reinstall - Internet Security.

NB: The reinstall was only performed earlier today, so here's hoping that the fix is permanent !

Thanks for the advice....let me know if it really works 

I think I'll wait a little more for "GT500" opinion before doing anything

A couple hrs after cpu usage has gone back to over 60% ; even mouse movement is laggy.

Disabling firewall reduces it to less than 10% (average)

Haiku's advice did not work for me :( .

Any idea ?

We are currently looking into the issue. Most likely due to the large number of connections bit torrent clients create in parallel the static endpoint list is overflowing.

We are currently looking into the issue. Most likely due to the large number of connections bit torrent clients create in parallel the static endpoint list is overflowing.

Likely (hope it's solved in next IS update)

So it's kinda pointless to switch to a different torrent client

Am I the only one having issues with torrents and such ?

Am I the only one having issues with torrents and such ?

There are a few, but pretty much everyone having issues right now is having them due to having a VPN connected while running their torrent client.