username

Emsisoft Internet Security fails to start.

I upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit yesterday and Emsisoft stopped working.

It says "A major problem prevents application start. Secuirty cannot connect to the service application. Please reboot your PC and try again or contact support if the problem remains."

I have uninstalled the software twice and re-installed it again.

I have also used an unistaller program and reinstalled it again.

Rebooted it a couple of times but it says the same thing. It doesn't start up!

I have almost the same problem; cannot get internet security to function and there is no firewall enabled. I have set the Windows 10 default firewall for now, but would like to know if there is a solution.

I would like to point out that Emsisoft is working on getting update firewall on Emsisoft Internet Security, so only Emsisoft Anti Malware and Emsisoft Emergency Kit will work on Windows 10. However, if you want to use Emsisoft Internet Security you will have to disable Emsisoft firewall and use Windows firewall as a temporarily until Emsisoft update the firewall on Emsisoft Internet Security. You can find the article here and list of Windows 10 compatible security here  .

The firewall in Emsisoft Internet Security isn't yet compatible with Windows 10, however the rest of the functions in Emsisoft Internet Security do work fine in Windows 10. Lets try the following to get it working again:

• Uninstall Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Restart your computer twice.
  • Download and reinstall Emsisoft Internet Security from this link.

Obviously, IS is just not working with Windows 10.  I tried the fix to install the anti-malware and ended up with "your pc is only partially protected" which didn't generate a warm fuzzy feeling.  I too shifted to AVG for the duration, which I hope will not be too far in the distant future.

@Arthur is your dl link special?  Windows error was 1075 dependencies missing, why emsi service won't start.

It's the same download link that's on the product page, so it's not special, but it's still best to download a fresh copy before installing as it reduces the amount of time updates take to download. ;)

As for the issue with the service failing to start, lets try the following, and see if it resolves the issue:

• Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap R to open the Run dialog.
  • Type in control netconnections and click OK.
  • Right-click on the network adapter, and select Properties.
  • Click on the Install button in the connection properties for the network adapter.
  • Click on Service to select it, and click Add.
  • Select the Emsisoft Network Filter from the list, and click OK.
If you don't see Emsisoft Network Filter in the list, then you will have to click on the Have disk button, and look for a file named fwndis in one of the following locations:

C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Internet Security

C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Internet Security

Once you find the fwndis file, just double-click on it, and then click the OK button. After that you should be able to find an Emsisoft Network Filter or Emsisoft NDIS Filter in the list, so you can click on it to select it, and then click OK.