Paul76

Most recent Beta Internet Security W10

After the most recent beta Emsisoft keeps having to update over and over. it keeps asking to restart over and over. Running Windows 10 64 bit. By the way today was patch tuesday for Microsoft so that may have broken something.

I have the same problem. Just restarted and EIS updates itself and then tells me to restart the system AGAIN. Also the Changeblog says that it requires only an application restart. Why does EIS want me to do a computer restart?

I will restart now and see if it changes anything. If it still wants me to restart my computer I will ignore it.

Edit: just restarted, checked for update, and it now wants me to restart my computer again.

I have the same problem. Just restarted and EIS updates it self and then tells me to restart the system AGAIN. Also the Changeblog says that it requires only an application restart. Why does EIS want me to do a computer restart?

I will restart now and see if it changes anything. If it still wants me to restart my computer I will ignore it.

Same, the latest beta update only address Windows XP and Windows Visa issue.

I'm getting irritate of this Emsisoft notification asking to restart to finish update. I already restarted like 7 times, and it still asks me to restart again like what the heck? This never happen to me since August 7th, but when Emsisoft publish August 11 update things are go wrong. I believe EIS is not ready for Windows 10 yet, what a surprise.

Here's what I did. uninstall Emsisoft Internet Security. Obtain the latest download for it and install that. Then switch to the beta updates again and update. Worked for me.

Can you please try to delete the a2temp folder in your temporary directory? To get to your temporary directory press your Windows key and R at the same time, type in "%TEMP%" and press the OK button. The Windows Explorer should pop up with the correct directory now. Look for the a2temp directory and just delete or rename it. Then reboot and try to run the updater again.

Can you please try to delete the a2temp folder in your temporary directory? To get to your temporary directory press your Windows key and R at the same time, type in "%TEMP%" and press the OK button. The Windows Explorer should pop up with the correct directory now. Look for the a2temp directory and just delete or rename it. Then reboot and try to run the updater again.

Does not work, i delete everything on %temp% folder and run Ccleaner. 

Would one of you be available for a TeamViewer session to figure out what is causing these issues? We haven't been able to reproduce these reboot loops at all in our test setups so far.

I just tried deleting the a2temp folder, rebooted, and on startup EIS again updated and wanted me to reboot my computer. There was one in AppData and also one in Windows, but I could not reach for the one in Windows.

One thing to note is that the recent updates on Emsisoft Changeblog that marked as "requires application restart" are also the ones EIS demanded a system restart instead of just an application one.

If you don't want to wait for the official fix, but instead want to fix it manually:

You can go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and rename the fwndislwf32.sys (on 32bit systems) or fwndislwf64.sys (on 64bit systems) file you find there to a different name like for example fwndislwf32.old or fwndislwf64.old. Then reboot. This should fix the reboot loop.

PS: In the extremely unlikely off chance that your internet connection stops working afterwards, go back to the directory and rename the .old file back to .sys and reboot again.

We just published a new beta release that should put this update issue involving the firewall drivers to rest. If you are currently stuck in a loop, the loop should be broken after the first update and reboot performed with version 10.0.0.5629.

Good to go. Just like you said. Update and reboot. So it will be 2 reboots. The first one after the software update and then when you come back update again and reboot. Loop is gone just like you said.

We just published a new beta release that should put this update issue involving the firewall drivers to rest. If you are currently stuck in a loop, the loop should be broken after the first update and reboot performed with version 10.0.0.5629.

Thanks a lot man for getting rid of that annoying restart loop notification. Now i can enjoy surfing and gaming, thanks a lot dude and good work!.