Fix Win32.Neshta.A (B)

bonbonboi

This stinkin Win32.Neshta.A (B) came and killed every single .exe file on my 1tb hdd, as soon as possible I installed emsisfot anti-malware, then after it get installed I found that .exe can't be launched, I found an .inf to fix that, then again launched the anti-malware to scan the mess. ithe task bar get killed as well, any way after some several restarts the emsisfot anti-malware handled the situation and got green, my quesion is how to revocer those infected files, because emsisfot anti-malware cant fix files, it's just delete or quarantine..

Hello,

Welcome to the Emsisoft Support Forums. My name is Kevin, and I will be helping you fixing your problems.

All posters requesting Malware Removal assistance are required to follow all procedures in the thread titled START HERE, if you don't we are just going to send you back to this thread also read the Emsisoft Support Forums Terms of Use

To Highlight a few:

• If you are seeking help make sure to only create one thread per problem at a time. Multiple threads about the same problem will get closed.
  • To keep the threads clean please don't post the content of log or report files directly in your reply. Instead attach any reports or logs you were asked to submit as a file attachment.
  • Don't use any kind of "l33t" speak or slang and always keep in mind that most of the other people here don't speak English as their native language.
  • Asking for help is only allowed in the forums. Requesting help via PM or mail is prohibited.
  • Because of the potential for harm only selected members as well as our employees are allowed to offer help in the malware removal sections of the forum. If you have a strong malware fighting background and want to help please contact Emsi, Fabian Wosar and Kevin Zoll (yes, all three of them) via forum PM

Files cannot be fixed, it just is not possible.  They must be replaced.  If you are using Windows Vista or newer then it may be possible to recover a previous version of the files, if Volume Shadow Copy Service was enabled at the time and has not been disabled.  You can use ShadowExplorer to do that : http://www.shadowexplorer.com/

I know, it's an external HDD and VSS is not enabled, thus I have exported the quarantine logs to find out what files needs to be replaced with new files, also about the VSS I don't advice to rely on it since it is unreliable and miss in most situations, thanks for replays.