Hi,

by this thread http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/heimdal-free-and-pro.377569

I learned a bit about Heimdal and its traffic-based approach to make financial transactions safer.

Heimdal uses its own secure DNS and should block a lot of malware hosts. Moreover it updates vulnerable software as Java, Flash, etc.

Is anyone using it and can recommend it?

In the last few days there were some promotions for it and yesterday/today there is even a giveaway:

http://landingpages.heimdalsecurity.com/en/sharewareonsale/giveaway.html

Riker

Hi,

yes I know Secunia, in the past I tested it once and I was not convinced. It just didn´t work.

In my eyes the main point of Heimdal is the secure DNS which should make financial transactions safer.

Hi Riker

To answer your question, I've tried it, and like the concept.  There is no conflict with anything else I am running.  I ended up buying a family pack license.   It isn't a replacement for Secunia, and it does more then DNScrypt.  Give it a whirl.

Pete

Thanks Peter and all the others for the feedback.

I took the opportunity and got a free license for it and I think I will give it a try!

According to the privacy-policy I read that no personal data are stored on their servers, so everything seems fine!