Paul76

no updates 4 hours

Emsisoft Internet Security has not updated for 4 hours. I tried manually to no avail. Also, it may be linked to something else because I have Windows 10 updates trying to come in but they to will not download. Any ideas?

Seems to be okay now. Thanks:)​

It's possible for there to be times when there are no updates. It doesn't usually last very long, and it just depends on what our malware analysts are doing and how many new signatures they have to add.

Yes, I do understand. I was just worried there might have been some hacky stuff going on with microsoft because I couldn't get those updates either until I typed that I was having a problem. I always wonder just how much key logging is going on with Windows 10. They seemed to make it more difficult to keep yourself private. Also the peer to peer windows updates. Yes, that was a bad idea in my humble tech opinion. Sure we can turn it off but who's to say there's not going to be a problem when everything does hit the fan and that a malicious person is able to use it maliciously in such a way that all of the pc's using the peer to peer updates won't be affected because that stuff just slips right in with no checks as far as I can see. This is also coming from someone that has been increasingly creeped out with advertising that targets users. Even my internet service provider Verizon does that and man it just creeps me out like almost to the point where I feel like someone else is in the house watching me eat, sleep and listening to what I say or sometimes even thoughts possibly lol. I'll just be sitting in the living room and be like I sure could use one of those roast beef sandwiches form Arby's and sure enough a commercial comes on to help me out with my decision. Scary.

There have certainly been some questions as to what data Windows 10 is sending back to Microsoft. I've seen reports that, even with all of the potentially privacy-invading features turned off, Windows 10 still sends data back to Microsoft every time you click on something. Unfortunately I have yet to hear what exactly that data is, and I haven't personally checked to see what is going on.