HAWKI

Had to Uninstall EMIS 10 After Today's (8/19/15) Update

1.) In combination with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit most of the time I could not open a browser. MBAE causes the same problem with Kaspersky IS 2016. The two companies are talking to resolve the issue. In my case this happened ALMOST every time. Firefox would not open. Shut down MBAE Firefox opens. It seems to happen only on the first attempt to open Firefox. After disabling MBAE and starting Firefox and then closing Firefox and restarting MBAE Firefox would usually open. Weird.

2.) Could not download Windows Updates. This of course might have been a coincidence-the Windows Update servers not working while I had EMIS10 installed but started working after I uninstalled EMIS. Possible but unlikely I believe.

None of this happened until today. Been using EMIS for 10 months and none of this has happened before. If I had not been aware of the MBAE issue from following the Kaspersky and MBAE Forums I would have had no idea why Firefox was not opening.

There have also been reports of issues with MBAE and EIS, although those are usually performance/freezing issues.

You didn't have EIS and Kasperky's Internet Security installed on the same computer, did you?

There have also been reports of issues with MBAE and EIS, although those are usually performance/freezing issues.

You didn't have EIS and Kasperky's Internet Security installed on the same computer, did you?

Nope :-) But I might have had my license info and settings remaining. I'll check. I will reinstall  EMIS 10 at some time.

The only part of Kaspersky Internet Security I was concerned about was their firewall drivers. There can be issues when more than one WFP (Windows Filtering Platform) driver is installed at the same time.

Are you still having any of the issues you mentioned in your opening post?

The only part of Kaspersky Internet Security I was concerned about was their firewall drivers. There can be issues when more than one WFP (Windows Filtering Platform) driver is installed at the same time.

Are you still having any of the issues you mentioned in your opening post?

Hi:-)

Haven't had a chance to reinstall yet.