John Steck

Windows 10 + VPN Issues

I am having similar problem but worse.  Updated my wife's computer to Win10 and Emsisoft puked.  I uninstalled and reinstalled to try and resolve whatever got clobbered and now installation is hung up at downloading updates and wont complete.  Closing or cancelling uninstalls the program.... very frustrated by this.  I would think someone at Emsisoft would have test drove Win10.  It's not like it just came out unannounced.

Please include me in the tech support on resolving this issue.

-john

Hi John

I am sure support will be along to help, but trust it has been tested.  I've been running EIS in Windows 10 since the Insider preview build 9926.  I have it running in a VM machine running the production build and I also have it in another image of my system that is now on Win 10 Insider Preview Build 10525.     So yes it's been tested.

You have a particular issue which support will help you isolate.

Pete

Lets try the following, and see if that helps:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on the Factory defaults button near the upper-right.
  • Make sure that only the option labeled Global firewall rules is selected.
  • Click the OK button to apply the changes.

Please try the following, and let me know if that helps:

• Uninstall Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Restart your computer twice.
  • Download and reinstall Emsisoft Internet Security from this link.

When I try and start Emsisoft even though updates are 100% I get "can't connect to service application"  See attached error window.  Another thread recommended I run FRST64 and send the diagnostics.  I am attaching those txt files also so everyone is on the same page.

I am presently without security software (apart from the default firewall and defender, which essentially has me without security software)... however you can escalate a fix would be greatly appreciated.  I will need to get something else if this can not be resolved.

Is there possibly a permissions issue blocking install?  I am doing it as administrator....

Thanks in advance for your efforts.

-john

Addition.txt

post-37675-0-23733600-1440708240_thumb.png
Download Image

FRST.txt

Lets get some debug logs from Emsisoft Anti-Malware. In order to do this, you will first need to run a batch file to enable debug logging. This batch file is contained in the ZIP archive at the this link (this ZIP archive also contains a batch file to disable debug logging).

Please save that ZIP archive on your desktop, extract its contents, and then follow these instructions:

• Run the enable_debug_output batch file (if your computer has Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 then please right-click on the batch file and select Run as administrator).
  • You will see a black window pop up, and then disappear very quickly. After that happens, please restart your computer.
  • Try launching Emsisoft Anti-Malware from the icon on your desktop, and if necessary run through the process of activating your license until it stops again and you have reproduced the issue.
  • Once you have reproduced the issue, hold down the Windows key on the keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually in between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap the R key to open the Run dialog.
  • Type the following into the Run dialog, and then click OK:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Emsisoft
  • A window should open and you should see a Logs folder. Right-click on that Logs folder, go to Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
  • Move the new ZIP archive you created with the logs folder in it to your desktop.
  • Attach the ZIP archive containing the logs to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.
Note: If you get an error message when trying to send the Logs folder to a Compressed (zipped) folder then you may need to try a utility such as 7-Zip or WinRar to compress the folder. Both 7-Zip and WinRar have options to create an archive and save it in another location (such as on your desktop), which should prevent the error message. Here are links to the download pages for 7-Zip and WinRar.

After posting the debug logs, you can run the disable_debug_output batch file (be sure to run it as administrator as well) and restart your computer again to disable debug logging.

Also, before doing the above, are you using an old installer or are you downloading the latest version before installing?