iWarren

Suggestion: EIS - Filename Column + Form Design

In the EIS "Application rules" it displays the full path in the "Filename" column.

Sometimes I go looking for a particular file and have to scan through the pathways to find it.

My suggestion is to seperate the path from the filename in a column.

I realize that it does this in "behaviour blocker" but I typically spend most of my time in application rules.

Also... if i understand correctly, behaviour blocker just links you to application rules,

so could we also not consolidate both of these into the same window?

I realize that behaviour blocker shows additional information like "monitored/reputation/company" but these could easily

be added to the application rules columns as well.

Another thing... I know you probably won't like this idea, but i think the Overview could be taken out entirely

as you can navigate everywhere you need to go, from the tabs at the top. I believe everyone typically spends

most their time in the "Protection" window to begin with.

Quarantine could be placed in SCAN, as its a byproduct of scanning.

i realize you probably wont like the idea of taking out the overview, i just think the design could be minimized,

even if you brought the overview down to just the essential tabs, i think it would be a sleeker design.

then when you click on the tabs... it could resize the windows height to a larger view.

If you're interested i could give you some graphics illustrating what i have in mind.

i'm not sure, other than its less physical effort to remain in a point-click mode, opposed to switching to keyboard.

honestly sometimes i just forget the search bar is even there.

On 8/25/2015 at 11:52 AM, iWarren said:

Also... if i understand correctly, behaviour blocker just links you to application rules,

so could we also not consolidate both of these into the same window?

I realize that behaviour blocker shows additional information like "monitored/reputation/company" but these could easily

be added to the application rules columns as well.

I noticed my suggestion came to fruition on the last update... I was hesitant at appreciating it, until i realized
this was partly my idea.

I really do like the idea that its all in one centralized location, and I think you will find that this streamlines the process.

When I went to use it, I did find 2 cons though, that would really simplify the process further.

#1.  Often times, i have applications that I trust.... but only to an extent.

This leads to my behaviour, of 'Trusting' the program... and then setting it to a 'monitored' or 'blocked' status after use.
       or, setting it to a 'monitored' status, and then maybe changing it to a 'blocked' status when it has completed its task or i'm
       done using it.

The problem though, is that if the program is not running... I no longer have access to the application I want to change
       the rule to.  (Unless of course I used "Add Application", which would not be a good long-term solution.)

So a good suggestion... is to have a checkbox on the top right "Show Only Running Tasks", which would be checked by default,
       and when unchecked... it would show all Application Rules.

I believe Application Rules had something similar with "Show Only Trusted Programs"
       So a carry-over from application rules... I think is necessary... to correct the
       consolidation between these 2 windows.

#2. Not so much a con, as much as a feature suggestion... one that OA V9 had in the past.
     Is the ability to select multiple entries and change multiple settings at once.

For example, I want to select many lines of the Behavior Blocker, and change them to
     either "Blocked", "Monitored", or "Trusted"

Please note, this is a feature I want to see specifically in the "Emsisoft Anti-malware" program.

To address #1 further.

There is one solution I had in mind, I think it may have been shot down in the past
with the rhetoric "This program is not for advanced users"

One way to solve my behavior of changing a programs status from one state to another,
is to have a timer based setup... ie. Let the user decide "how long" before changing from
one state to another.

I am pretty sure the timer based option would be off the table... but a compromise, might
be to add a 4th option to the "Trusted" , "Monitored", "Blocked"  and that would be.... an

"Ask each time" option.  Which would let you put the program into 1 of those 3 states, until
it was run again.