Microsoft Edge unsafe

Mawgana

Yesterday whilst on BT I got a pop-up asking me to do a survey, purportedly from BT - which I closed. I had a few tabs open on Edge and suddenly there was a 'warning' that I had a virus, that the site was unsafe (copied below) which I'd never heard of and to phone Microsoft toll free on the number written there. Needless to say I didn't do anything but I couldn't close Edge down unless I went through Task Manager but as soon as I re-booted up they all came again. I changed browser and went to Microsoft to find that Microsoft Edge had been hijacked.

Prior to this I had run Emsisoft Emergency and quarantined 1 item - not this one - so I ran it again and I found 2 - one of which was the one referred to. I tried to take a screen shot of the messages but couldn't. Emsisoft quarantined the address and told me to come here and that experts would sort it for me, so here I am. Immediately after it was quarantined Edge was free of tabs but I'm not going to use it. When I put the computer on today message from Emsisoft said this site was trying to activate or something. Would I be safe if I uninstalled Edge? I find this situation very scary as I've never been 'targeted' before.

The site in question is:

attention.unugq.netdna-cdn.com/LP0304_uk/index.html?city=Wolverhampton&ip=86.170.33.235&isp=BT

I have Win 10 Home 64-bit - Processor: AMD Athlan 11 x 2  220 2.80 GHz

I hope I've given you all the info and look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you Stapp  and Mr Wilkinson for responding. Just before I posted here I had e-mailed Emsisoft and got assistance - same instructions as you gave and I am pleased to say that my computer is now running faster and I have no problems getting on the Internet. However, I have now uninstalled Microsoft Edge - what a performance that was - so shouldn't have a problem now. I do appreciate the help we are given when we have problems and would thank you again for taking the time to help me get rid of whatever it was that had got into my computer. Long Live Emsisoft! :thumbs: