Duffah

Licence expired, wish to uninstall

When I open the app, it asks me to upgrade.

I don't want to though, so skip this, and the only option left is to log out. I presume this is what is stopping me from uninstalling the app, that I haven't logged out.

Thing is, it's asking for a PIN for me to log OUT. I cannot remember the PIN, as I installed and paid for a licence a year ago.

How do I uninstall without this PIN?

Phone: Samsung S5 SM-G900F

Android: 5.0

Cheers

Dear Duffah,

Thank you for contacting our support.

In order to be able to uninstall Emsisoft Mobile Security you need to disable the security app to act as device administrator first, then you can remove it like any other app (if you know the PIN code). You find the option to disable Emsisoft Mobile Security as device administrator in your phones settings under "Security".

To recover your PIN please log in at the following site with the Google account you've used when installing/setting up Emsisoft Mobile Security: https://my.emsisoft.com/

Once logged in click the map where you read "Anti-Theft", then on the next site you will see five different black buttons on the left, please click the button with the three white dots in it and chose "Show password". You will see your PIN code right below these five buttons now.

Once Emsisoft Mobile Security is uninstalled from your phone you can re-install and activate the full version with your license key again by installing the security app from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.emsisoft.security

Thank you for using our software solutions! Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

• Upvote 1