ezebobtwo

new user questions

Have gone through some forum posts and I'm a little confused.

I have read that Emsisoft is compatible with other AV solutions, is this also the case for Emsisoft internet Security?

I was always told to never run 2 active real time AV solutions,

Is Emsisoft Internet Security not enough all by it's self?

I do use other software, but yes if you are not doing anything high risk, EIS, does a great job.  I frequently test my setup against real malware in a virtual machine, and EIS is always the first to catch anything, so I  don't think you would need or want to run another AV.

Note this is my personal opinion and not an offical Emsisoft statement.

Pete                                                     

Only Emsisoft Anti-Malware is compatible with other AV software AFAIK, not Emsisoft Internet Security.

Thanks Alexstrasza, that makes more sense.  I was hoping that was the case.  I'm in awe of EIS, so far.  Much better compatibility with Windows 10 than what I was using, and so lite on resources it's amazing.  From everything I have read here and elsewhere it has lived up to and exceeded my expectations.

Congratulations to all Emsisoft staff for an outstanding job!

You have a new convert.  As a long time user of 10+ years of a rivals product, I look forward to the next decade with Emsisoft.

• Upvote 1

Only Emsisoft Anti-Malware is compatible with other AV software AFAIK, not Emsisoft Internet Security.

Essentially that's mostly true. Emsisoft Internet Security isn't considered to be compatible with any anti-virus software that uses a WFP driver to capture network traffic in order to block malicious websites. Unfortunately my understanding is that most anti-virus software does use a WFP driver, so Emsisoft Internet Security shouldn't be used with anti-virus software from other companies.