100PIER

Update Initializes But Never Finishes

I've attached a ZIP archive called "clear_temp_batch_file.zip" which contains a batch file that should resolve this issue. Please download this ZIP archive, and then extract it by right-clicking on it and selecting "Extract all". After that, find the "clear_temp" batch file that was extracted, and right-click on it and select "Run as administrator".

clear_temp_batch_file.zip

Please note that the "clear_temp" batch file will restart your computer automatically after 30 seconds. I recommend making sure that anything you were working on is saved before running the batch file.

When your computer restarts, all files in your TEMP folder will be deleted, and your computer will appear to start normally.

Please let me know if that resolved the issue with updates.

Hi,

I have observed a similar issue with EIS.

With EIS the clear tool (run as 'administrator') does not fix the problem.

The workaround I founded is to modify the EIS icon properties to run as 'administrator' even if I am already the unique user and  'administrator' of the machine..

I don't understand why.

May I ask what version of EIS you have installed? In the most recent versions, the service handles the update process, and it runs as the SYSTEM user.

I used EIS v10.0.0.5641.

Nota: Please can you modify on your site the EIS download version which is in fact v10.0.0.5641 and NOT v9.0.0.4324  as you display at the moment.

I'm not seeing version 9.0.0.4324 (or any other subversion of 9.x) listed on our site for any of our products. Could you post a link to where you are seeing this outdated version number?