Panhead

License?

Hello everyone,

Are we allowed to install Emsisoft Internet Security on our Android phones as well, if we have a paid version for the desktop?

Keep up the good work!

Dear Panhead,

Thank you for contacting our support.

As Jerky McDilerino said it is not possible to use Emsisoft Internet Security on a mobile phone running Android OS.

Licenses for Emsisoft Mobile Security can be purchased on our website here: http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/mobilesecurity/

You can download and install Emsisoft Mobile Security from the Google Play Store, the 30 days trial will be active automatically right after install of the app. With a license key from our website you can unlock the full version for 1, 2 or 3 years.

Please note that no rebate applies for Emsisoft Mobile Security at all, we used to offer the app for the double price but decided to give it away for €/$ 9,95 per license per seat to anybody now.

Thank you for using our software solutions! Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again. 

Okay, thank you my dear friends! Excellent program!

One other question please. I did d/l the mobile app for my phone and when I installed it I see you can link the phone to Anti-Theft. When I tried to do this it told me the phone wasn't linked to my account.

How do I do this? Thank you :lol:

Dear Panhead,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please open the settings of your mobile device and choose "Security settings". Is Emsisoft Mobile Security listed and enabled as "Device Administrator“ there? Also, is there any other security solution installed on the device?

If you open the settings from the main screen of Emsisoft Mobile Security, are you logged in with your Google account there?

To access the settings please press the button for more options on your mobile device while being in the main screen of Emsisoft Mobile Security. This will make a small menu appear at the bottom of the main screen and you'll have the opportunity to choose "Settings".

The button for more options could be a software or hardware button on your device showing three vertical dots. On some mobile devices you need to press the home button and keep it pressed a moment to see more options, and on others you need to press and hold down the button which activates multitasking.

In the meanwhile, should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Worked like a charm Thomas, thank you!

In Application Audit, it has three rectangular boxes with Internet, Privacy Control, Costs. I'm assuming we need to click on these to enable them to work. I'm not really sure if this is correct.

If the device was stolen, can I log into my Emsisoft account on my computer to wipe it?

I noticed it also asked for a trusted number so it could text message the # if the sim card was changed. I think it said you can wipe the phone from that trusted #, am I correct?

Thank you for all your help!

Hello Panhead,

In Application Audit you can see the apps listed that are installed on your mobile device, you don't need to activate anything here. Instead you can see the permissions all the apps have on your phone, if they can connect to the internet, have access to private data or can charge you. You find context related help in Emsisoft Mobile Security if you click the question mark on each screen.

Yes you can wipe your mobile device if you log in at the web portal with your account to use one of the Anti-Theft features: https://my.emsisoft.com/

You can also wipe your phone via SMS codes, yes - and this is only possible from the trusted telephone number you've chosen during setup.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

I'm reviving this because it's linked.

I did purchase the mobile app and a few weeks ago it says expired. It keeps asking for a valid license. I don't know what happened.

Thanks

Dear Panhead,

Thank you for your request.

You should have received a new license key for Emsisoft Mobile Security via email and you need to (re-)activate the full version with this license key.

If you follow this message that tells you that your license expires you should get directly to the screen where you can activate Emsisoft Mobile Security with your new license key (again).

A further possibility to activate Emsisoft Mobile Security with your license key is to press the button for more options on your mobile device while being in the main screen of Emsisoft Mobile Security. This will make a small menu appear at the bottom of the main screen and you'll have the opportunity to choose "Settings" and enter your key on the next screen.

The button for more options could be a software or hardware button on your device often showing three vertical dots. However, on some phones you need to press the home button and keep it pressed a moment to see more options, and on others you need to press and hold down the button which activates multitasking.

If this should not work for you, could you please send me the reference number of your order, the email you've used to place it or the license key for Emsisoft Mobile Security itself in a private message here in the forum?

In the meanwhile, should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hello Thomas,

I did receive the serial number and followed what you said in prior posts back then and it worked but then reverted back for some reason.

I looked through my folder for Emsisoft and I don't see it. It was through google play store I purchased for $9.99 so I guess I threw it away. It's under Brittany Frank around Sept 16th, 2015. A mastercard was used.

Hello Panhead,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please note that it is not possible to purchase a license for Emsisoft Mobile Security over the Google Play Store, instead only the app itself can be downloaded from there and it is only the 30 days free trial version that will be active automatically after the first install on a device.

You should have received a message from our e-commerce partner Cleverbridge containing the license key. If you can not find it please send me a private message (PM) here in the forum telling me your full name and the email address you've most likely used to place the order and I'm happy to search our system for your license key.