ningendo

Emsisoft Internet Security unable to launch and unable to reinstall it

Hello,

I was using Emsisoft Internet Security on my Dell Latitude E6510 (Windows 8.1 Pro 32 bits) but, for a few days, I had an error message telling me that EMIS can't be launched for security reasons. The error message suggested me to restart the computer but that was without effect. So I uninstalled it from the configuration panel, I restarted my computer. Then, I have downloaded the last version of this software on your website and tried to reinstall it. I have a message which tells me that EMIS is already installed on my computer and I have to uninstall it first. I checked and EMIS is not listed in the software list in the configuration panel. So I don't know how to reinstall it. Can you help me?

Thanking you in advance,

Hi ningendo and TranPro,

Please run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST):

Download FRST (32 or 64 Bit) from: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool will produce the following logs:
FRST.txt
Addition.txt

Please attach this 2 files FRST.txt and Addition.txt to the topic via the More Reply Options section right below.

Hi,

I think I am solved my problem so let me share with you my solution. From the start page, I wrote "regedit" (or in the research tool) in order to access the registry. Then I looked for all the keys that contain "emsisoft" and deleted them. Finally I manually deleted the folder "Emsisoft Internet Security" in the folder "C:\Program Files" with the administrator rights.

After that, I have been able to reinstall the software. I hope it will help you too.

Hello,

thank you for the logs. From the logs it looks like our software is running.

On the Windows 10 Start menu select Settings.In Settings, select System > Apps & features. Is there a entry for Emsisoft Internet Security? If yes please uninstall Emsisoft Internet Security and reboot the computer. After that you can download and reinstall Emsisoft Internet Security from the following link: http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftInternetSecuritySetup.exe

If there is no entry in the porgram list for Emsisoft Internet Security would it be possible to get access to your system via remote desktop solutions like TeamViewer to further debug the problem?