Da Phu

EIS cause Windows Update unable to connect to the internet.

Emsisoft Internet Security V10.0.0.5735 cause my Windows Update unable to access to the internet and signature updates for EIS fail to connect to the server. After turning EIS protection off, Windows Update able to access the internet. Also, my browser can able to access to the internet. 

• Upvote 1

Similar issue here.

I had strayed and had been using a trial of another product.

Reinstalled the latest EMIS very early this AM - 3AM EST.

Tonight I have been unable to download the 1 new Important Windows Update for 8.1. Have tried several times. Can see that there is zero incoming traffic. Finally get an error that Windows Update failed.

I suppose it is possible that the issue is on the Microsoft side.

• Upvote 2

Emsisoft Internet Security V10.0.0.5735 cause my Windows Update unable to access to the internet and signature updates for EIS fail to connect to the server. After turning EIS protection off, Windows Update able to access the internet. Also, my browser can able to access to the internet. 

Hi

Me Too

I Have This Problem

IMG_20131216_192842Small.jpg

Emsisoft Please Help

I Found fix

turn on windows firewall and update your emsisoft

uncheck Emsisoft firewall and windows firewall of. then windows show the notification for turn on firewall. you can select emsisoft firewall on

*sorry my bad english

There is a known issue in the current stable build where traffic that would normally be allowed is mistakenly blocked. Our developers should have this fixed in the next beta update. For now, if turning the firewall off and back on works for you, then that is probably the best workaround. Otherwise, you'll have to turn the firewall off when checking for updates.

EMIS 10 = TOTAL FAIL ON WINDOWS 8.1 UPDATE

NO WORKAROUND ON W 8.1

1.) Turn on Windows Firewall

2.) Turn off EMIS Firewall

3.) Shut Down Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

4.) Shut Down All Exploit Protections in HitmanPro Alert

WINDOWS UPDATE FAILURE.

NEED IMMEDIATE FIX PLEASE.

HAWKI's suggested extreme workaround:

1.) Uninstall EMIS 10

2.) Install Trial or subscribed version of another security suite

3.) Update Windows 8.1

4.) Uninstall Trial or subscribed version of another security suite

5.) Re-Install EMIS 10

Not a good situation :-(

Luckily the update for 8.1 is not a security update. It only updates the "Get Windows 10" thingy.

No Thank You. Attempted to upgrade to Windows 10 on first day. Like so many others my upgrade got stuck. After staring at a totally black screen for four hours I decided to do a hard reboot. Most peeps who did this, their PCs reverted to 8.1. Not mine :-( Totally borked my PC. Could not boot. Appeared to be 100% irreparable. Seemed like The Upgrade wiped everything and only partially installed W 10. Refresh and Reset asked for insertion of installation disc. Couldn't even install 8.1 with a retail box set since my DVD would not work (I suspect it had no driver). Was unable to boot from a my 8.1 USB Recovery Drive.

I am disabled and require a PC to survive. Ordered a new one shipped overnight by Amazon, an ACER. Swore I'd never try to upgrade again but I did. Upgraded to W10 in about an hour.

The W10 Recovery USB Drive I made on the ACER recovered my borked ASUS. But It was a hybrid - part ASUS, part ACER. Was able to restore most of the ASUS stuff. My ASUS is still fast as ever. Never will upgrade this ASUS to W10 I guarantee you.

• Upvote 1

If turning off the firewall doesn't help with network/Internet connectivity issues, then the only potential solution (other than uninstalling EIS) would be to uninstall or disable the NDIS driver. Here's instructions for doing that, although please note that it isn't recommended:

• Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap R to open the Run dialog.
  • Type in control netconnections and click OK.
  • Right-click on the network adapter, and select Properties.
  • Look for the Emsisoft Network Filter or Emsisoft NDIS packet filter in the list.
  • If you find one of them, click on it to select it, and click on the Uninstall button (if both are there, then do this one at a time for each of them).

There is a known issue in the current stable build where traffic that would normally be allowed is mistakenly blocked. Our developers should have this fixed in the next beta update. For now, if turning the firewall off and back on works for you, then that is probably the best workaround. Otherwise, you'll have to turn the firewall off when checking for updates.

Any ETA for that? 

We don't set ETA's for bug fixes or new releases. Theoretically we may release a new beta version some time this month, however we can't guarantee that.

We don't set ETA's for bug fixes or new releases. Theoretically we may release a new beta version some time this month, however we can't guarantee that.

That is too long. Anyway, i am switching Emsisoft to Qihoo 360 Total Security Essential, and boy this thing is super duper light on my system. I probably will go back to Emsisoft once all the bugs been address.