EAM lockup while doing weekly scan

Blubber

Hello,

since a few weeks, I start my PC and EAM lockup while doing the weekly scan.

The process bar is showing in the taskbar (without logo and GUI, but green animation) and never finishes.

I cannot start the GUI either.

The only solution for me is to stop protection, kill the task and start EAM again.

Manual scan works fine.

I am on Win10x64.

Lets get a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) from one of the following links, and save it to your Desktop (please note that some web browsers will automatically save all downloads in your Downloads folder, so in those cases please move the download to your desktop):

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows:

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows: Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.
  • Run the FRST download that works on your computer (for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 please right-click on the file and select Run as administrator).
  • When the tool opens click Yes for the disclaimer in order to continue using FRST.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When the scan is done, it will save a log as a Text Document named FRST in the same place the tool was run from (if you had saved FRST on your desktop, then the FRST log will be saved there).
  • Please attach the FRST log file to a reply using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.
  • The first time the FRST tool is run it saves another log (a Text Document named Addition - also located in the same place as the FRST tool was run from). Please also attach that log file along with the FRST log file to your reply.

I'm not seeing an obvious cause for the issue in your logs, so unless Norton Ghost is doing something strange to disk I/O, I don't think it's something else you have installed that is causing the issue.

May I ask what type of scan you have it scheduled to run? I assume that the manual scan is the same type of scan?

Hello,

Norton Ghost is just installed for the rescuepoint explorer.

I just checked the weekly scan profile (I never really cared about it, because it was preinstalled) and everything was unchecked (except activation) and custom scan without folders. Maybe an upgrade killed the profile?!

I reconfigure it and hopefully it will work now.

Ok, looks like the weekly scan works now. But I found another issue:

When I press "update now" in the gui and close the window while the update is running I got infinite crash screens until I close EAM in the task manager.  I cannot interact with the error screen. post-1311-0-49861400-1445281457_thumb.png

It's possible that the latest beta version has resolved this issue (this beta does not work on Windows XP and Windows Vista). If you'd like to try this beta, then here's what to do:

• Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  • On the left, under Update Settings, select the option for Enable beta updates.
  • Click on the Update now button on the right side.