Stripy

Reduced Internet Connection Speed After Wake From Sleep

I am also having problems with dropping internet speed even to zero after wake on sleep, after updating to latest stable version 5735. I have win7 64 bit.

I am a little bit tired of problems after wake on sleep because this is not the first. :(

Clearly sleep mode and emsi are not in love.

Lets get some debug logs from Emsisoft Internet Security. In order to do this, you will first need to run a batch file to enable debug logging. This batch file is contained in the ZIP archive at the this link (this ZIP archive also contains a batch file to disable debug logging).

Please save that ZIP archive on your desktop, extract its contents, and then follow these instructions:

• Run the enable_debug_output batch file (if your computer has Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 then please right-click on the batch file and select Run as administrator).
  • You will see a black window pop up, and then disappear very quickly. After that happens, please restart your computer.
  • Reproduce the issue you are having with slower Internet connection speed after waking from sleep.
  • Once you have reproduced the issue, hold down the Windows key on the keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually in between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap the R key to open the Run dialog.
  • Type the following into the Run dialog, and then click OK:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Emsisoft
  • A window should open and you should see a Logs folder. Right-click on that Logs folder, go to Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
  • Move the new ZIP archive you created with the logs folder in it to your desktop.
  • Attach the ZIP archive containing the logs to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.
Note: If you get an error message when trying to send the Logs folder to a Compressed (zipped) folder then you may need to try a utility such as 7-Zip or WinRar to compress the folder. Both 7-Zip and WinRar have options to create an archive and save it in another location (such as on your desktop), which should prevent the error message. Here are links to the download pages for 7-Zip and WinRar.

After posting the debug logs, you can run the disable_debug_output batch file (be sure to run it as administrator as well) and restart your computer again to disable debug logging.

Sorry, I was too busy last days, and also I have purchased new OS, win 8.1 pro 64 bit...too many things at once :blink:
At the moment, on freshly installed OS I was having one major problem...emsi is freezing my computer as soon as I open internet explorer (firewall popup rule), and I need to restart PC by the force. I have fixed that with manually created rules for IE.

The rule you created manually was an Application Rule, correct? This could just be an issue with recognizing the digital signature for Internet Explorer.

I guess, if you don't mind checking, you can see if deleting the Application Rule for Internet Explorer and then launching it causes the same freezing issue. It's possible you may need to restart your computer for the issue to start again, or perhaps even restore your Application Rules to factory defaults before you will notice it.

If you can reproduce it, then we can get some debug logs for our developers.