Theoretical

EIS Update Error

There is currently a known issue in the firewall in Emsisoft Internet Security where it is mistakenly blocking things it would normally allow. This issue should be fixed in the next beta version, and if you would like to have that beta installed automatically when it is available then here's what to do:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  • On the left, under Update Settings, select the option for Enable beta updates.
Please note that for now you will have to turn off the firewall in Emsisoft Internet Security when you need it to stop blocking something. This can be done quickly by clicking on the little Emsisoft icon in the lower-right corner of the screen (to the left of the clock), going to "Protection status", and selecting to disable the firewall. You can also follow the same steps to turn the firewall back on again.

All beta updates are tested by our staff before being publicly released, and they are usually also tested by our volunteer testing team before we release them publicly. There is a highly chance of there being new bugs in beta versions, however we do make sure to weed out any major issues before we publish a public beta version.

Emsisoft Internet Security will more than likely need to restart your computer once the beta is installed, and there will be a notification in the lower-right corner of the screen to let you know that a new version was installed and it will include a link to our changeblog so that you can see the changes in the new version that was installed.

Good morning.

Can we expect to get a fix for the updates not working soon, please?

Having to disable the firewall to get updates seems an important bug to me.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

François

• Upvote 2

Also and I have this problem when preinstall windows 10 x64 not update last updates.

Note: I fixed problem here Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\HomeGroup and Change network location and click No ...  and now working updates.

... Is there a deadline to get this issue fixed?

Unfortunately we don't have an ETA for when it will be done.

I appreciate the honesty but I hope you understand that a bug like this needs to be fixed on top priority. It prevents the download of critical updates unless the Firewall is deactivated but deactivating the firewall can make the system vulnerable.

I mean an issue as critical as this should be treated as soon as possible.

• Upvote 2

Problem is now again I make stop and disabled Windows Firewall and restart and againg show error could not connected to the update server... Do is this problem with just EIS or is problem with EAM?

Problem is now again I make stop and disabled Windows Firewall and restart and againg show error could not connected to the update server... Do is this problem with just EIS or is problem with EAM?

This problem only occur on EIS, but not EAM. Also i do agree with you that Emsisoft needs to fix this issue immediately consider us pay users are facing a major problem of updating, and there's no excuses for Emsisoft for not to fix this within few days. Emsisoft lost my reputation this time and not going to recommended to my friends anymore since all of three are already uninstall Emsisoft because of this and switching to ESET which is reliable software they had been using in the past. By the way, this is a month problem and there's no ETA or announcement for it so this is telling me that Emsisoft doesn't do its job right. In addition, other vendors already addressed this issue within a week if they discovered this similar issue. 

• Upvote 1

I'd like to add that my EIS license is due in about two months and I'm seriously considering to another product right now.

This is frankly unacceptable...

I'd like to add that my EIS license is due in about two months and I'm seriously considering to another product right now.

This is frankly unacceptable...

Well, i already switched mine to Qihoo 360 Total Security Essential, and never regret it. But i probably will go with BitDefender soon once they improve their Photon technology. 

... Do is this problem with just EIS or is problem with EAM?

As Jerky McDilerino mentioned, the issue is exclusive to EIS, since it's the firewall that is causing the issue and EAM doesn't have the firewall. If anyone wants to switch to EAM and use the Windows firewall or another third-party firewall then please let me know.

We do understand that this is a major issue for everyone on Windows 10 right now, and we will have a beta update to address it out as soon as we can.

• Upvote 1

I just want everyone to know that the beta update that was released earlier today (the preview of Emsisoft Internet Security 11) should resolve the firewall issues that people were experiencing on Windows 7 and 8, however please note that there is an additional issue causing the problem with updating while the firewall is turned on with Windows 10. Our developers are trying to determine if this issue was introduced by a Windows Update, since it seems to be 100% reproducible and yet it didn't exist when the last stable version was released. We do plan on fixing this issue as soon as we can, so please try to bear with us while our developers work on this. ;)

I just want everyone to know that the beta update that was released earlier today (the preview of Emsisoft Internet Security 11) should resolve the firewall issues that people were experiencing on Windows 7 and 8, however please note that there is an additional issue causing the problem with updating while the firewall is turned on with Windows 10. Our developers are trying to determine if this issue was introduced by a Windows Update, since it seems to be 100% reproducible and yet it didn't exist when the last stable version was released. We do plan on fixing this issue as soon as we can, so please try to bear with us while our developers work on this. ;)

Can you give extend my Emsisoft license for another 60 days due to this downtime? This issue occur on September. 

First need this make go to Control panel and open Windows Firewall thenTurn Windows Firewall on or off and Turn off on both private and public. Next go go Services and find Windows Firewall service and then two click and see options  change startup on Manual then wait 5 seconds now service status click Stop and wait 10 seconds now in Startup change Disable now close Services and wait 2 minutes and then restart windows. Now you see next when manual update EIS will be work(automatic also working) I have test this and work for now manual I have make 30 manual for 14 hours.

Installed the latest beta version as of yesterday, and it also killed my Internet connection. Disabling EIS as a whole, or even adding the programs manually in the firewall didn't change anything. I had to uninstall it and install the stable release to get back online.

Now I just want to say that for people who don't want to deal with issues like this, do not enable the Beta Updates. It's normal for Betas to go through bugs, glitches, etc. this is what beta testing is for. If you're not ready to spend time testing, tweaking, setting, etc. a program or game and deal with the issues, then do not use the Beta version of it, stay with the stable release.

Now I just want to say that for people who don't want to deal with issues like this, do not enable the Beta Updates. It's normal for Betas to go through bugs, glitches, etc. this is what beta testing is for. If you're not ready to spend time testing, tweaking, setting, etc. a program or game and deal with the issues, then do not use the Beta version of it, stay with the stable release.

I disagree with this because the stable v10.0.0.5735 already caused this, and the beta cause more worse than good.  

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/18813-eis-cause-windows-update-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet/

and the beta cause more worse than good.  

Read my post again please. If you're not ready to deal with betas, don't use them :)

• Upvote 1

Read my post again please. If you're not ready to deal with betas, don't use them :)

The beta and stable doesn't do its job at all, so i expect Emsisoft extend my license for 2 months if the stable V11 solve the Windows Update blocking issue, because this issue occur on September and October is about to end in 4 days. 

If you're not ready to deal with betas, don't use them :)

I would like rephrase that to " If you're not ready to deal with problems, don't use the software" Because the stable already give me headache, and i think i will totally pass on the beta. 

For those having issues with Windows Updates checking for updates, and Emsisoft Internet Security checking for updates as well, I might have found a workaround (that worked on my system) and I posted it here.

https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/19012-workaround-for-those-running-eis-v10-and-having-wu-and-eis-update-issues/

So you can try it and let me know whether or not it worked for you. If it didn't, there's a few other things we could try.

Can you give extend my Emsisoft license for another 60 days due to this downtime? This issue occur on September.

For some reason I had thought I had replied to this already.

If anyone wants a license extension, I can give them one. Are you sure the issue started 60 days ago?

I would like rephrase that to " If you're not ready to deal with problems, don't use the software" Because the stable already give me headache, and i think i will totally pass on the beta.

I'm not sure it's necessary to critique peoples' grammar on a tech support forum...

For some reason I had thought I had replied to this already.If anyone wants a license extension, I can give them one. Are you sure the issue started 60 days ago?

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/18813-eis-cause-windows-update-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet/?p=138691

This thread created on October 1 and it about to end soon. So yes it is about to be 60 days soon.