hewee

Emsisoft Internet Security on XP

My Online Armor just ran out so I got Emsisoft Internet Security to try out and installed but now see it does not say it is for XP.

So will it work andwill I be safe?

I still get XP Updatestill 2019

Running it on

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3070 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3650, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152523 MB, Free - 36514 MB; D: Total - 152586 MB, Free - 13738 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0J584C

I had also Panda Cloud Free installed and after I installed Emsisoft Internet Security I went to uninstall Panda Cloud Free and got blue screen and shuting down to protect the PC.

Mini101815-01.dmp

Windows XP is no longer listed on our product pages because we are about to drop support for it. For now it does still work on Windows XP, and will provide protection on Windows XP, however our next major version will completely drop Windows XP support. We had originally planned on continuing to support it until April 2016, however certain technical issues have made it impossible to continue to publish software for Windows XP.

Unfortunately we don't have an ETA on it. There are a few bugs that need to be ironed out before we release a public beta for people to try. ;)

Sorry to hear all this. Looks like I got 25 days left and need to look for something else if support will stop. I was like your software more and more over the yeares and now will have to stop using it.

That means I will also have to stop using Start Emsisoft Emergency Kit. :(

We're stilling developing and supporting Emsisoft Internet Security, it just usually takes a little more time than we'd like to get new beta versions ready to fix bugs. The beta will be here, we just don't know for certain when we will be able to release it. ;)