fotyc

Emsisoft error loop after computer sleep

I have an automatic scan run three times a week, and recently I've found that if I don't ever come back to the computer in the evening, and it sleeps overnight, in the morning when I wake it up Emsisoft goes into an error loop that eventually renders the computer unresponsive and requires a hard restart.

The screen that shows I have no threats found is displayed, and then it starts throwing error after error dialog until I have half a dozen or more open, all different errors.  The one I happened to catch sight of this morning, but not the last one, was 007878EA in a2service.exe - Googling found no results for it, and there were many others after that.

What is this about??

I am running Windows 10 Build 10240 on a Samsung PC, also running Avast antivirus and Windows Firewall.

Were you able to report the error from the error message, or was there no button to do that?

I clicked the report button at first but I think it did not transmit, and then the windows piled on top of one another so that clicking on report didn't do anything further.

This issue might be fixed in our latest beta version (please note that this version does not work on Windows XP or Windows Vista). If you'd like to try this beta, then here's what to do:

• Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  • On the left, under Update Settings, select the option for Enable beta updates.
  • Click on the Update now button on the right side.