xopx

Computer randomly slowing down because of EIS

Before switching to EIS, I'd been a happy user of Online Armor and MSE. Unfortunately, after EIS installation my computer started acting weirdly. Sometimes it significantly slows down, practically blocking me from doing anythin. Hard drive is not working at that time.

Another time, I'm unable to enter any settings related to EIS. The icon is there but there's no chance to open the GUI.

I've switched off the option "memory optimization". I think it's a little bit better, computer is usable for a longer time. BUT it didn't fix the problem.

I've also reinstalled the software and asked for support in the uninstall popup - no help have been given to me.

What kind of info should I give to the EIS developers so they could help me? As we all know I can't go back to online armor, but I'd like to have my computer running with the same speed like with the old software.

• Upvote 1

Today, I've experienced another problem. After disconnecting ethernet cable, cable LAN connection dissapeared from Windows Network Connections. Of course, I was unable to bring it back. EIS GUI crashed when I wanted to check if it had something to do with it.

After restarting the computer everything went back to normal.

Is someone from Emsisoft looking here?

Have you tried the new beta version yet? It's possible that it resolves at least some of these issues. If you would like to try the new beta version, then here's what to do:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  • On the left, under Update Settings, select the option for Enable beta updates.
  • Click on the Update now button on the right side.

There are other options, but if the new beta fixes the problem then no further debugging is needed, because the problem is already fixed. ;)

The beta version has been very stable so far (more so than the current "stable" version), so the possibility of having issues with it is very low.