Negarandegan

PPTP VPN Support

Most home users use OpenVPN based VPNs which work perfectly fine. PPTP is more common in enterprise and business environments. Since EIS and OA are aimed towards home users there simply hasn't been a need to adopt PPTP. But as I said, we are already looking into providing proper PPTP support.

but a home user may use PPTP  vpn too, very often, I think Emsisoft should handle it too.

I would believe Fabian mentioned we were looking into supporting it, however that post was almost a year old.

Most home users use OpenVPN based VPNs which work perfectly fine. PPTP is more common in enterprise and business environments. Since EIS and OA are aimed towards home users there simply hasn't been a need to adopt PPTP. But as I said, we are already looking into providing proper PPTP support.

but a home user may use PPTP  vpn too, very often, I think Emsisoft should handle it too.

I don't understand the problem here. I've been using EIS since May (after it became clear that Online Armor was dying a slow death), and I also use HMA Pro VPN on a regular basis. I switch between using VPN and PPTP protocols, and both work equally well. In what way is Emsisoft failing to "support" PPTP? :unsure:

I don't understand the problem here. I've been using EIS since May (after it became clear that Online Armor was dying a slow death), and I also use HMA Pro VPN on a regular basis. I switch between using VPN and PPTP protocols, and both work equally well. In what way is Emsisoft failing to "support" PPTP? :unsure:

Negarandegan replied to an old topic, so I moved it to a new topic and replied. Note the date on the quote from Fabian. ;)