tempnexus

EIS 11 kills Chrome Sandboxie

It took me a freaking while to realize that EIS updated to 11 all of the sudden my Chrome would not work in Sanboxie all the extensions would die and chrome would just to shit.  

So ok

64 bit Windows 10

Sandboxie 5.06 

Latest Chrome goes to shit

You must have had Beta Updates enabled as EIS 11 is still beta, and that kind of problems can happen with Betas ;)

Remedy.

Uninstall 11 and then install 10 again and make sure that "Beta Updates" is disabled (unchecked)

• Upvote 2

Please try the following, and that will get you back to version 10:

• Uninstall Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Restart your computer twice.
  • Download and reinstall Emsisoft Internet Security from this link.

Please try the following, and that will get you back to version 10:

• Uninstall Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Restart your computer twice.
  • Download and reinstall Emsisoft Internet Security from this link.

Oh I fully understand and going back to 10 I just want to make you all aware of the issue.

Did you try disabling your Chrome extensions to see if that had any effect on the issue? It's possible that one or more of the extensions was related to the issue.

This issue still persists with the final release of EIS 11.

The only workaround is to "Upgrade" Sandboxie every single time after a reboot - which is really annoying.

It seems it is the same with Firefox, only IE is working fine within Sandboxie when EIS 11 is installed.

Me too! After Emsisoft update, Chrome no longer works - freezes with an error page. Can't load browser settings either to try disabling plugins. Restoring the system to previous restore points and uninstalling Emsisoft and Chrome works again. Might investigate Kaspersky, unless Emsisoft brings up a solution fast as I don't want to rely on Windows defender! Firefox and MS Edge works but they're not my preferred software.

System: Windows 10 - right up to date

Ram: 16GB

CPU: Intel i5 quad core

Hard Disk: 500GB

There is a known issue with Google Chrome and version 11 of our software. Our developers are working on this issue. We did publish a beta update to address it on Friday, however there were some issues with it. I would believe it is still in the Beta update feed if you would like to try it, however please note that when it installs there is a possibility that explorer.exe may crash and all of your open programs may restart.

Here's how to enable the Beta update feed:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  • On the left, under Update Settings, click on the box to the right of Update feed and select Beta from the list.
  • Click on the Update now button on the right side.

I am seeing similar issues:

Win 10 64bit

SBIE 5.06

EIS v11

However I can say for certain that no programs that are forced to run in a Sandbox will actually launch. Mostly you just see the application hang as it launches. For me, this includes QBtorrent, Aviator Browser, and Chrome. 

If you terminate the program from with SBIE, Emsisoft often prompts with "C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\rmdir is attempting to access files directly" allow, disallow etc. Ive never seen this message before upgrading to 11. 

Marco

Following up to my earlier post, I would like to add that I also run Spyshelter anti-keylogger. On Wilder Security forum, people running other security programs seem to trigger the Chrome issue. If staff member can assure me that Emsisoft is just as effective an  anti-keylogger, I am happy to stop using Spyshelter.

When I have time, I will try the beta version as suggested.

... If staff member can assure me that Emsisoft is just as effective an  anti-keylogger, I am happy to stop using Spyshelter.

If an unknown application attempts to capture RAW keyboard input (or perform any other behavior indicative of a keylogger), the Behavior Blocker in our products will alert you about possible keylogger activity, and you will have the option to allow, block, or quarantine. You can also configure what is allowed/blocked in a per-application basis in the Application Rules, however please note that some applications may crash or hang if certain functions are blocked by our Behavior Blocker.