beagle1957

Firewall blocking network drive (and wireless printing)

Just installed an Epson XP-420 wireless all-in-one printer.  The Epson setup software maps its memory card slot as network drive 'Z:'.  The problem is that on PC startup, I get a message that my computer can't connect to Z: and I can't print anything wirelessly.  The EIS firewall is apparently blocking access to both the drive and the printer - everything only works when I disable the firewall.  I've checked the firewall log and it doesn't show anything being blocked..  I haven't added any custom firewall rules and I set my local network as private when I installed EIS.     

Would modifying an existing firewall rule fix this, or can I set a rule permitting traffic in/out to the IP address of my printer?

Running EIS 10 on Win 10 Pro x64.

Have you tried the version 11 beta to see if it resolves this issue? A few firewall related issues were fixed in this version. If you haven't and you'd like to try it, then here's what to do:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  • On the left, under Update Settings, select the option for Enable beta updates.
  • Click on the Update now button on the right side.