xopx

EIS 11 - doesn't alert when exe was updated

Today I've updated my browser and didn't receive any alert from EIS that executable file was modified.FYI the option "don't alert me when this file changes" is not active.

Today I've updated my browser and didn't receive any alert from EIS that executable file was modified.FYI the option "don't alert me when this file changes" is not active.

Noticed this as well this morning for SeaMonkey and have done some debug logs for devs.

We changed the behavior on when we check whether a process was modified or not recently. We used to check it right during process start. However, this is quite wasteful, as we need to hash and check every single process that starts, causing unnecessary disk I/O. Instead we now only validate hashes if the process actually triggers some kind of event that can potentially trigger an alert. This can be during the start or right in the middle while you are using the program.