IE will not open after update to version 11

ilcn

Hi,

I'm seeing an issue on my Windows 7 64 bit & windows 8.1 systems since upgrading to version 11.

Microsoft EMET 5.2 prevents IE from opening and displays " EMET detected Caller Mitigation and will close the application: Iexplore.exe."

It's definitely version 11 - The problem is repeatable....uninstall Emsisoft and the issue goes away. re-install and the issue returns.

Thanks,

Hi,

I'm seeing an issue on my Windows 7 64 bit & windows 8.1 systems since upgrading to version 11.

Microsoft EMET 5.2 prevents IE from opening and displays " EMET detected Caller Mitigation and will close the application: Iexplore.exe."

It's definitely version 11 - The problem is repeatable....uninstall Emsisoft and the issue goes away. re-install and the issue returns.

Thanks,

Same here!

Windows 7 32 & 64 Bit, EAM + EMET 5.2

Starting Firefox, Chrome or Thunderbird leads to "EMET detected Caller Mitigation and will close the application". Responsible is definitely the upgrade to Version 11 and this IS reproducible: Several computers are now offline!

Hi,

Update:

I built a new Win 7 64 bit system with nothing on there other than EMET 5.2 and Emsisoft ver 11 (No AV) and IE 11 still will not open....so its not another Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware app causing the issue.

Installing EMET 5.5 beta did fix the issue.

At this point I can get it to work by unprotecting IE in EMET 5.2 or running the a beta version 5.5 on my system, is there any other work around? I prefer not to run the Beta version of EMET in order to keep the same level of protection I had prior to upgrading to version 11.

Thanks,

We released a beta update about an hour ago that should fix the problem with EMET 5.2 as well. You can try the update by switching to the beta update feed under Settings/Updates. Just run an update after you switched the channel to receive the beta patch. Please let me know whether or not the beta patch fixes the problem for you.