balloonshark

GUI shows Partial Protection but it is wrong.

Had problems with version 11.0.0.5911 after the update so I uninstalled and rebooted twice. I then did a clean install and rebooted and I see I have partial protection in the GUI. If I right click the system tray icon the 4 items say disable so they are ok. Everything also looks ok in Windows Action Center but updates which I disable and Network Access Protection is off for some reason.

2015_11_13_051750.jpg

Nevermind. I guess all I needed to do is a quick scan to make everything green. Perhaps scanning shouldn't be tied to the protection status or have an automatic scan or a pop-up suggesting a scan. It would have been less confusing.

Off topic: Please please please bring back Online Armor or let us activate OA. I'm going nuts without my system tray firewall status and allow once and block once firewall rules. If it wasn't for Online Armor and the firewall status I wouldn't have found out that Windows 8.1 "telemetry" was sending my data to Singapore. With Emsisoft Internet Security I'm completely in the dark. As it stands now I'm thinking about restoring a 4 month old image just so I can have OA back :(.

Perhaps scanning shouldn't be tied to the protection status or have an automatic scan or a pop-up suggesting a scan. It would have been less confusing.

Malwarebytes also works like that. When you open the GUI after an installation, it'll tell you that your system isn't fully protected because it have never been scanned. Also, Emsisoft products offers you to run a scan during the setup (well, right after the installation) so the suggestion is already there wink.png

Nevermind. I guess all I needed to do is a quick scan to make everything green. Perhaps scanning shouldn't be tied to the protection status or have an automatic scan or a pop-up suggesting a scan. It would have been less confusing.

Well, the status title says "Your computer has never been scanned". But I guess changing the text in the protection box to suggest a scan as well may be more obvious. The reason why protection is tied to at least one scan is that in order to ensure protection, we need to make sure the system is clean to begin with. A scan ensures that.

Off topic: Please please please bring back Online Armor or let us activate OA. I'm going nuts without my system tray firewall status and allow once and block once firewall rules. If it wasn't for Online Armor and the firewall status I wouldn't have found out that Windows 8.1 "telemetry" was sending my data to Singapore. With Emsisoft Internet Security I'm completely in the dark. As it stands now I'm thinking about restoring a 4 month old image just so I can have OA back :(.

The country database in OA hasn't been updated in like 4 or 5 years. Any country data is therefore completely useless, as IP ranges has been shifted around from country to country a lot since then.