dinster

Emsisoft cant connect to service application

Well, this is why it's happening:

Error: (11/13/2015 09:06:47 PM) (Source: a2AntiMalware) (EventID: 0) (User: )
Description: Service failed on start: Access violation at address 00000000 in module 'a2service.exe'. Execution of address 00000000
Lets try the following, and see if that resolves the issue:
  • Uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  • Restart your computer twice.
  • Download and reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware from this link.

Hi Arthur...getting this message when try to download

access violation at address 0000000076cd94ba in module ntdll. read of address 0000000000000030

exceptionlog7.init(location: (000000000(ntdll)00134ba)

0000000076cd94ba)ntdll.rtdlvirtualunwind+$14A

Same problem here. Today I installed the November Microsoft Win7 x64 updates and also updated Emsisoft Anti-Malware from the 2015-10-31 version to today's. After that I got the same error ("A major problem has prevented the application from starting Emsisoft security....").

Have you had multiple reports of this issue and can point us in the right direction as to how to solve the issue?

As long as I can be sure that it's not some sort of malware interfering with the anti-malware tool and reinstalling will fix the issue I am not overly concerned.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Cheers

ymm

Uninstalled and reinstalled using your link again.

Same error message appears.

Funnily.. when eam was uninstalled I was still getting the pop up that automatic updates have been unloaded and installed??

Hopefully still running scans ....... but I am unable to run my own scan!!

Please try uninstalling once again, and after your computer restarts download Emsiclean from this link (be sure to save it on your desktop), and follow the instructions below to get me a log:

• Run the Emsiclean download that you saved on your desktop.
  • Read the disclaimer. Note that you must agree to it in order to proceed.
  • Once the scan is finished, simply exit Emsiclean, and do not remove anything.
  • A new file will be saved on your desktop with a log of what was detected. Please attach that to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.

Please HELP Arthur

I have limited computer knowledge

I am on my friends computer,,, The emsiclean you asked me to download and install has wiped my wired and wireless drivers and I can't get on to the internet!!!!!

How can I reconnect to the internet!! I have limited computer skills????

Emsiclean won't remove your wireless networking drivers, and will only remove our own drivers. Did Emsiclean save a log of what it removed? If so, can you copy that log to something like a USB flash drive and move it to a computer with working Internet so that you can attach it to a reply?

As for fixing the issue, you might be able to use your Device Manager to uninstall the network adapter that is having the issue, and then restart your computer. If you do that, Windows will reinstall the network adapter, and it should clear whatever issue you are having. Without knowing what version of Windows you have, I'll have to give slightly abnormal instructions for opening the Device Manager, however these will work on every edition of Windows from Windows XP to Windows 10:

• Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap R to open the Run dialog.
  • Type (or copy and paste) devmgmt.msc into the field, and click OK.
  • Find Network Adapters in the list, and double-click on it to expand it (if it isn't already expanded to show a list of your network adapters).
  • Right-click on your wireless network adapter, and select Uninstall from the list.
  • Click the OK button to continue (please do not select the option to uninstall the driver software for this device, or your wireless network adapter will not work at all).
  • Once it is done uninstalling your wireless network adapter, please restart your computer.

Hi Arthur,

So i opended my network adaptors list, and in this list, all my adapters had been duplicated but with a ( - Onlinearmour Miniport) suffix, it was these drivers that are ALL corrupt, and cannot phsyically unistall them. They are also not digitally signed and have no way of finding their location in the computer. There was also no log left from the emsiclean software that i can find to send to you. 

I am running on Windows 7 Home premium

How do i procceed from here? 

Online Armor was removed by Emsiclean without being properly uninstalled. Here's how to fix that:

• Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap R to open the Run dialog.
  • Type in control netconnections and click OK.
  • Right-click on the network adapter, and select Properties.
  • Look for the OA Helper Driver in the list.
  • If you find it, click on it to select it, and click on the Uninstall button below the list.
It should take less than a minute for the driver to be uninstalled, and you'll see the list update once it is done. Please note that you may need to do this for each network adapter.