Patton

Chrome does not work anymore with EIS 11

Hi, I think it's better if I start my own ticket because I am not sure if my problem is the same as the other guy who reported problems with Chrome browser after the update.

My problem is that directly after the required EIS restart for the update to version 11, my Chrome browser has become fully unusable. I can load the Chrome interface, so the firewall is not fully blocking it, but once the interface is loaded all I get is a crash message and I cannot use chrome in any way shape or form. Not surf, not look into settings or look up my version number. Other than the EIS stable 11 update nothing changed on my PC that could be interfering with chrome's functionality. I find it quite annoying as I am very accustomed to this browser so I would really like to fix it, the problem is I have no idea how.

I have tried a few things like temporarily disabling EIS or disabling it fully but neither of those attempts resulted in Chrome functioning again. So if you have any ideas or suggestions for me to try I would gladly try them.

Seconds before version 11 I was using the browser just fine. I have checked that Chrome and all of it's related programmes are fully allowed through the firewall/behaviour blocker so they are not blocking anything. It seems something in version 11 is just crashing chrome or renderring it unusable. What could it be and what would be a good thing to try now? I am on Win7 64-bit.

Thankyou for your help.

Hi ,

I have exactly the same experience with the EAM 11 update.

Win7 SP1 -64

In addition , EAM also interferes with Sandboxie v5.06 ,so browers can no longer run sandboxed.

These problems now appear in several posts regarding update 11

Obviously there's something in the update that has crippled the normal operation for several browsers

See posts

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/19014-eis-11-kills-chrome-sandboxie/

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/19145-sandboxed-opera-33-and-vivaldi-crash-with-eam-11/#entry141378

Also on Sandboxie Forums   Topic slightly misleading - It's not Windows updates, but rather  Emsisoft  EAM update....

http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22084

I'm writing this via IE 11, but can no longer do so from Chome, Vivaldi, Opera etc

Failing other solutions I/m afraid I'll have to uninstall EAM, rather than Sandboxie,

because in principle I can run without malware protection, but not run without Sandboxie or at least I don't intend to...

Hope some attention is paid to this problem

Thanks very much

Peter

Sorry, just noticed  this is for EIS ,rather than EAM- Should I delete this post and repost under EAM?

Please advise

There is a known issue with Google Chrome and version 11 of our software. Our developers are working on this issue. We did publish a beta update to address it on Friday, however there were some issues with it. I would believe it is still in the Beta update feed if you would like to try it, however please note that when it installs there is a possibility that explorer.exe may crash and all of your open programs may restart.

Here's how to enable the Beta update feed:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  • On the left, under Update Settings, click on the box to the right of Update feed and select Beta from the list.
  • Click on the Update now button on the right side.

Hi GT500,

Thankyou for your response and the information. I think I will wait before the update is finished because it sounds like there are some issues with it still. Will the fix eventually be released as an automatic update to EIS 11 or will it be a separate download for those experiencing the problem?

Glad to hear you guys are fixing it.

Have a nice weekend.

Same with Opera, recently renewed my licence for another year and I'm seriously disappointed with this update. I mean, c'mon you should have test it before releasing final prodcuct. It's a serious bug, I'm not gonna use crappy old internet explorer which is the only browser that works with Emsisoft IS 11. Sorry, but had to uninstall your software until you fix the issue.

Same with Opera, recently renewed my licence for another year and I'm seriously disappointed with this update. I mean, c'mon you should have test it before releasing final prodcuct. It's a serious bug, I'm not gonna use crappy old internet explorer which is the only browser that works with Emsisoft IS 11. Sorry, but had to uninstall your software until you fix the issue.

Not the only browser.   I have no issues with Firefox

Got curious and decided to test Set up: Win 7 x64 EIS latest build set to beta HMPA SBIE ERP As I type, I am in Google Chrome(latest download), Sandboxed with SBIE, and EIS all turn on. So far no problems, other than a minor learning curve

Forgot  I also have Appguard, running in Lockdown.    Chrome was added and configured in all the software.

No crashes bsod's etc   Just the decision on whether to keep it.

I mean, c'mon you should have test it before releasing final prodcuct. It's a serious bug ...

We did test our software, and outside of a few users who reported issues with Chrome when running it in Sandboxie on Windows 10 there were no known issues.

The fix will be published in a stable update as soon as issues with explorer.exe restarting have been resolved and properly tested.