Seymour Heiney

Does Emsisoft Auto-Renew Licenses Annually?

I've run Norton on my daughter's laptop she uses for school, but recently it has been causing some freeze up issues. So we are looking to make a change. Emsisoft IS looks to be a good fit for her rig, however, to my knowledge it is not available in a brick and mortar retailer in my area, so my only option would be to purchase it online. One of the things that I detested about ordering Norton online was their policy of auto-renewal, which would wind up biting a lot of people like me who simply forgot about it and were renewed for another year without my expressed consent. This forced me to the local retail store each year to buy a copy of Norton from them simply so Norton would not have my credit card on file for them to practice their auto-renewal.

Does Emsisoft practice this kind of auto-renewal, or, at the end of my paid licensing agreement, does it just stop working? I prefer the latter; I'd rather that is just stop working - which will get my daughter's attention - than be locked into another licensing period without me even considering it.

Yeah, I know, I should remember this kind of stuff from year to year, but the principle of the auto-renew practice is abhorrent to me.

Thanks for reading.

Seymour.

Dear Seymour,

Thank you for contacting our support.

No, we do not offer automatic renewals for private customers.

We offer 1, 2 and 3 year license keys and our security software will remind you when it is time to renew, when the license time expires the program will switch to freeware mode where it can be used as on-demand scanner to find and remove malware - no realtime protection in freeware mode.

Thank you for your interest in our software solutions!