Sign in to follow this  
Ken1943

Ver 5.0 really slowed my computer

Updated this morning and my 3 gig machine slowed really bad. Running apps and Firefox going to sites. I run Outpost Security Suite and Malwarebytes OR Superantispyware. Shut down A-squared and back to normal.

Any ideas for A-squared settings as it seems to be at it's default settings.

Thanks

You may want to switch the File Guard to "Scan only programs before they are executed". That way EAM behaves like the previous version. In addition you can reduce the footprint further by activating the "Scan only files with the following extension" check box and removing the .DLL extension from the list.

If both doesn't help please try to keep the File Guard on and deactivate the Behavior Blocker and Surf Protection and see if that helps.

You may want to switch the File Guard to "Scan only programs before they are executed". That way EAM behaves like the previous version. In addition you can reduce the footprint further by activating the "Scan only files with the following extension" check box and removing the .DLL extension from the list.

If both doesn't help please try to keep the File Guard on and deactivate the Behavior Blocker and Surf Protection and see if that helps.

I changed to scan on execution and that was it. With the other two my netbook was faster LOL !!

Adding file to the white list could take weeks.

So performance is back to normal now?

Changing the File Guard didn't seem to make a difference. A2service is consistently taking up 30-45% of the cpu. This is really annoying when I have many applications running.

Ok. The behavior you describe is common when an application causes an excessive amount of behavior blocker events. The easiest way to detect which application is causing the issue is to do the following:

1. Go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx and download DebugView.
  2. Once downloaded open the Registry Editor (Start, Run, regedit).
  3. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Emsi Software GmbH" (on 32bit OS) or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Emsi Software GmbH" (on 64bit OS).
  4. Create a DWORD value there with the name "GenerateDebugOutput" and assign it the value 1.
  5. Reboot.
  6. Run DebugView while the problem occurs and record a few seconds of debug output.
  7. Save the debug output (File, Save) and send it via mail to [email protected]

Thanks for your cooperation.

Ok. The behavior you describe is common when an application causes an excessive amount of behavior blocker events. The easiest way to detect which application is causing the issue is to do the following:

1. Go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx and download DebugView.
  2. Once downloaded open the Registry Editor (Start, Run, regedit).
  3. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Emsi Software GmbH" (on 32bit OS) or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Emsi Software GmbH" (on 64bit OS).
  4. Create a DWORD value there with the name "GenerateDebugOutput" and assign it the value 1.
  5. Reboot.
  6. Run DebugView while the problem occurs and record a few seconds of debug output.
  7. Save the debug output (File, Save) and send it via mail to [email protected]

Thanks for your cooperation.

Thanks for the reply. I was able to identify which application was causing this and change the settings to not monitor the application.

Thanks for the reply. I was able to identify which application was causing this and change the settings to not monitor the application.

May I ask which application caused the issue so we can take a look into it?

Sorry to butt in, but just wanted to mention that my incredimail email program makes the antimalware nuts.

I will try and make it better after reading this thread.

Thx

Hi Meinformed,

1st Please provide more detailed information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

Then, since that is about e-mail client and as you personally suspecting an influence by EAM it would be preferable to create a new request. It is not easy to follow and solve all problems within one thread ;)

One thing for sure - EAM does not have real-time e-mail scanning feature

Other than that - please be more specific and provide more information than just saying

...incredimail email program makes the antimalware nuts....

What is actually happening & when ?

Any Alerts? (you can post images)

What are the settings for scanning? (just “onExecution” or additional “onAccess” option were set)

Are those "problems" occure when you reading received e-mails (already downloaded from the server)?

If that is malware IDS part that causes problems/questions – then what are the rules regarding “Incredimail”. Please post them

...etc...

Any additional information is helpful including the fact that this thread was not about any e-mail client

My regards

p.s. {added} I just absolutely accidentally found your remark in a different thread & again that was not belonging to that particular case . Please, try not to mix issues.

...Also my incredimail email was just SLOW... My only issue now is the warning pop ups go so FAST that I don't even have a chance to read them?!I must have some sort of automatic thing going on?...
So, please among the question asked above pleas add info about the “community & auto-” settings

It is better to disable the “auto-” (my personal opinion)

I also report that after the last update, a notebook with win 7-64bit, started hanging and being very very slow. Sometimes it hangs the system so much, that not even task manager can open!

When I exit the guard (if I can, if not I had to do a reset) the system returns back to normal bahavior.

I am temporarily disabling Anti-Malware totally until I read some kind of solution to the many similar reports shown here...

Note: I had it along with Avast 5 free and Zonealarm pro and there were no problems before.

P.S.

- Disabling behavior Blocker and Surf Protection, doesn't help.

- Perhaps I'll try, when I get some free time, to re-install the program or disable avast and check again the bahavior. Also will check the advise I read about switching the File Guard to "Scan only programs before they are executed".

Hi jumbi,

You triple-posted the same message

It is not necessary, rather not allowed

Other equivalent messages were removed from other threads

Please don't do that any more

My regards