agaga

Emsisoft Anti-Malware and COMODO Firewall

I have problems with Comodo Firewall and latest Emsisoft Antimalware 11.

Comodo version is CIS 5.12 (only firewall is used, other components are disabled).

When Behavior Blocker is enabled, comodo is like disabled, no window or alerts are opening anymore...

Also Antimalware settings are a little bit broken, when you click on Protection the window freezes...

Is there any way to get back to latest version 10 (and keeping the license) ? Everything was working properly back then...

The only way to downgrade is to uninstall and reinstall from a version 10 installer, however you would have to prevent updates from being installed to make sure that version 11 isn't reinstalled.

Does the latest beta version help with this issue? Here's how to try it:

• Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  • On the left, under Update Settings, click on the box to the right of Update feed and select Beta from the list.
  • Click on the Update now button on the right side.

Hi GT500, I tried the beta version, but the problem remains unsolved:

- Antimalware window freeze when click on Protection tab.

- Comodo window & alerts completely disabled when enabling Behavior Blocker.

Right now I have disabled the Behavior Blocker, but this not a solution.

Has anybody tried with latest Comodo CIS version? If no problem with latest CIS, maybe i have to upgrade to latest CIS (just using firewall component)

I removed completely the old CIS 5.12, rebooted, cleaned registry. The following problem is not Comodo related and still exist:

- Antimalware window freeze when click on Protection tab.

Then I installed latest CIS (firewall only enabled). No problem with Behavior Blocker. So right now my only problem is with antimalware window when pressing Protection tab.

Lets get a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) from one of the following links, and save it to your Desktop (please note that some web browsers will automatically save all downloads in your Downloads folder, so in those cases please move the download to your desktop):

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows:

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows:Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.
  • Run the FRST download that works on your computer (for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 please right-click on the file and select Run as administrator).
  • When the tool opens click Yes for the disclaimer in order to continue using FRST.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When the scan is done, it will save a log as a Text Document named FRST in the same place the tool was run from (if you had saved FRST on your desktop, then the FRST log will be saved there).
  • Please attach the FRST log file to a reply using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.
  • The first time the FRST tool is run it saves another log (a Text Document named Addition - also located in the same place as the FRST tool was run from). Please also attach that log file along with the FRST log file to your reply.

I noticed that you also have HitmanPro.Alert installed. Had you also tried uninstalling it to see if that had any effect on the issue?

Oooops, my bad, forgot to mention this :P

Well, I uninstalled HitmanPro.Alert and rebooted, problem remains.

Uninstalled also a forgotten installation of free malwarebytes antimalware and rebooted, problem still remains.

Last suspect is Sandboxie (I have months to use this), 'll try to backup & remove it also & report back

(edit) Uninstalled Sandboxie & rebooted, problem remains

I have some news, rebooted in safe mode, successfully pressed on Protection tab and then I removed ALL the rules from the past.

It was set to "paranoid" mode if i remembered correctly and I had tons of custom rules there.

Then rebooted and now seems to work fine :D

Now I cant find such advanced settings (like "paranoid mode") for the Behavior blocker and the rules get auto-completed with "trusted" apps.

Is there any way to get back to old "paranoid mode" ?

When I added a custom rule e.g. for firefox, problem reappeared. Behavior blocker seems totally buggy to me in version11.

To be honest, if i hadn't remaing license for over 200 days i 'd just uninstalled Emsisoft app.

EAM 11 & CIS 7 works well together, with mutual exclusions.

CIS 8 is acting weird though, it hangs and seems to "block itself", i can open it´s  main window, but clicking on any link like fx. "Update" and it hangs.

If i disable HIPS first then it might work, but it might even require a restart of CIS before opening the main window.

When finished with CIS (main window) i can enable it´s HIPS again.

I tested 3 different versions of CIS 8 yesterday, and all of them behaved like described above.

CIS 8 behaves like that even if all EAM-components are disabled.

So if you experience something like that, you should probably not blame EAM....

Send me a pm and i can give you links to older CIS-versions...

No problems with CIS8 here (I use only Firewall component, hips is disabled).

The problem here is with behavior blocker and custom rules.

Anyway, think that I found what's going on, after a safe mode reboot and deletion of  all custom rules I edited the a2rules.ini file.

There was a "ghost" entry of process explorer, which seems to corrupt the rules engine.

[c:\sysinternalsuite\procexp64.exe]
Revision=4
SHA1={0E1AA682-D71F-40AF-BC11-303FD742044B}
GUID=ID_INJECT
Action=ID_UPDATE
Worm=0
Dialer=0
Backdoor=0
Hijacker=0
Inject=0
Downloader=0
Spyware=0
Service=0
KeyLogger=0
Startup=0
HiddenInstall=0
Virus=0
Hosts=0
Rootkit=0
BrowserSettings=0
Debugger=0
RemoteControl=0
DirectDiskAccess=0
SystemPolicies=0
Updated=0
SectionType=1

After deletion of that "ghost" entry, "a2" seems to work fine with custom rules.

I just don't like the new "user friendly" behavior blocker, I search for a way to ask anything and don't connect to internet and get "trusted" app lists.

For example, I want to know ALL apps which create autostart entries regardless their "trusted status", without to have to create custom rules.

I use the behavior blocker from the mamutu ages & don't like the current "user friendly" approach

(edit) Just reinstalled all security software, hitman.pro.alert, sandboxie, mbam etc. Everything is OK, fingers crossed :D

post-40156-0-71140700-1447856783_thumb.jpg
Download Image

A correction: I made a mistake, that computer had not been updated to EAM 11 yet.

The problems i described above is with EAM 10 & CIS 8.

But since it probably has nothing to do with EAM i expect the same problem when using EAM 11.

When I added a custom rule e.g. for firefox, problem reappeared. Behavior blocker seems totally buggy to me in version11.

To be honest, if i hadn't remaing license for over 200 days i 'd just uninstalled Emsisoft app.

The issues with Firefox should be fixed in the latest beta update. If you would like to try it, then here's what to do:

• On the left, under Update Settings, click on the box to the right of Update feed and select Beta from the list.

EAM 11 & CIS 7 works well together, with mutual exclusions.

CIS 8 is acting weird though, it hangs and seems to "block itself", i can open it´s  main window, but clicking on any link like fx. "Update" and it hangs.

A correction: I made a mistake, that computer had not been updated to EAM 11 yet.

The problems i described above is with EAM 10 & CIS 8.

But since it probably has nothing to do with EAM i expect the same problem when using EAM 11.

I updated to EAM v11 15-11-20 , and i can now confirm that EAM 11 & CIS 7 (7.0.317799.4142) works well together,

with mutual exclusions.

I have not tested CIS 8 yet....

Note: I´m only using the HIPS in CIS.

There are known issues with EAM and COMODO's Firewall/Internet Security. Hopefully our developers will be able to resolve it soon.

Problem is we have been waiting for far too long for Emsisoft to fix this problem. I've tried the latest Bitdefender and Kaspersky antivirus products on my Win 10 system and they both work fine along with CIS. Since I'm not prepared to part company with CIS, I've given up on EAM.   

Problem is we have been waiting for far too long for Emsisoft to fix this problem. I've tried the latest Bitdefender and Kaspersky antivirus products on my Win 10 system and they both work fine along with CIS. Since I'm not prepared to part company with CIS, I've given up on EAM.

Why is it necessary to hijack someone else's topic with your complaint? I understand that you are frustrated, however if you feel the need to express that frustration then I ask that you please open a new topic to do so.

What isuues do you mean ?

Some users are experiencing EAM related crashed when COMODO's firewall/Internet Security is installed. It may only happen with the latest version of COMODO's software, however most users have not specifically stated what version they are using.

Why is it necessary to hijack someone else's topic with your complaint? I understand that you are frustrated, however if you feel the need to express that frustration then I ask that you please open a new topic to do so.

Apologies, it wasn't my intention to hijack someone else's topic. Since the topic's title is "Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Comodo Firewall", I thought this was the right place to mention the problems I've been having with EAM and CIS.

Some users are experiencing EAM related crashed when COMODO's firewall/Internet Security is installed. It may only happen with the latest version of COMODO's software, however most users have not specifically stated what version they are using.

This sounds familiar...

When i tested CIS 8 i had problems not only with CIS itself, but also with EAM crashing / not starting.

CIS 8 was released september 2014, so those users probably have CIS 8....

Tell them to use CIS 7 instead....

You are welcome.

Note: the excellent testresults on Matousec´s webbsite is for CIS 7.

We still don´t know how good CIS 8 is.

So there is no panic to upgrade to CIS 8...

Comodo Internet Security Premium 7.0.317799.4142FREE 97 %  

In regards to Matousec, I don't really think I should say much about them, however there is some information out there that you may want to look through. Here's an example:

https://malwaretips.com/threads/matousec-com-right-or-wrong.26999/#post-195432

Yes, i know that Matousec is a "dirty" word for Emsisoft... ;)

(Matousec & Online Armor...)

Matousec and it´s tests is a really interesting subject, but for another thread or perhaps even another forum....? <_<

However, it is not the subject of this thread...

I only pointed out that those who want to use CIS & EAM should note that the testresults are for CIS 7, not CIS 8.....

We still don´t know how good CIS 8 is.

So there is no panic to upgrade to CIS 8...

It´s better to use CIS 7 and avoid conflicts with EAM.

The latest version of CIS 7 (7.0.317799.4142) is not available directly from Comodo, but i know where to find it.

I have doublechecked the SHA-2 checksum against the "official" numbers published by Comodo, so it really is genuine software.

To help those EAM-users who wants CIS 7 I could post the link here...

Would that be OK ?

Matousec and it´s tests is a really interesting subject, but for another thread or perhaps even another forum....? <_<

However, it is not the subject of this thread...

Yes, another forum (such as Wilders) might be best. ;)

To help those EAM-users who wants CIS 7 I could post the link here...

Would that be OK ?

As long as it is a reputable download site, it should be OK. If there's a download wrapper, then please warn users about that when posting the link. As an example, it looks like FileHippo's CIS 7 download doesn't use a download wrapper, although for those without an ad blocker I expect a lot of advertising on that page (perhaps even ads with fake download buttons in them).

As long as it is a reputable download site, it should be OK.

Filehorse (www.filehorse.com)

I got the URL from Comodo´s own forum....

And VirusTotal says it´s a clean site.

There are no "wrappers", just the file.

And the SHA-2 checksum matches the "official" numbers published by Comodo.

Would this be OK to post?

The latest version of CIS 7 (7.0.317799.4142) is not available directly from Comodo, but i know where to find it.

I have doublechecked the SHA-2 checksum against the "official" numbers published by Comodo, so it really is genuine software.

Filehorse (www.filehorse.com)

I got the URL from Comodo´s own forum....

And VirusTotal says it´s a clean site.

There are no "wrappers", just the file.

And the SHA-2 checksum matches the "official" numbers published by Comodo.

IMPORTANT CORRECTION:

I made a mistake when i posted above.

"My" copy of CIS 7 (7.0.317799.4142) does not come from Filehorse !

I downloaded it directly from Comodo.

So i can not verify that the checksum for CIS 7 from Filhorse matches Comodo´s own published numbers.

It probably does, but that needs to be double-checked.

It was an even older version of CIS that i downloaded from Filehorse.....

I´m trying to get the "official" checksums from Comodo, then i will check the downloads from Filehorse.

That's OK, there's still the download on FileHippo that should work. ;)

... it looks like FileHippo's CIS 7 download doesn't use a download wrapper, although for those without an ad blocker I expect a lot of advertising on that page (perhaps even ads with fake download buttons in them).

Hi,

May I know if there is any updates on the compatiblity issue between EAM and CIS/CFW version 8? 

I myself was also having the same problem few weeks back. Installed CIS followed by EAM and EAM doesn't open. So I dropped CIS. 

Guest 9999

Copied from "19176-new-version-11005911-not-working-at-all-ntdlldll-crash-report" post.

EAM 11.0.0.6026 (beta) with Comodo Firewall 8.2.0.4792, Windows 10.

Using the below method allowed a temporary workaround to access the Emsisoft Anti-Malware Security Overview menus.

I was able to open the program from the task bar icon by using the following method:

Right click on shield icon, "Protection status", "Disable Behavior Blocker".

Then double left click back on the shield icon and the program window opened successfully. (No crash report error).

Once above is completed, follow below re-post (from Emsisoft Support) instructions to install beta version:

Update: EAM beta now 11.0.0.6054 and continues to work properly.

Edited by 9999

May I know if there is any updates on the compatiblity issue between EAM and CIS/CFW version 8?

Have you tried the new beta version of EAM to see if it resolves the issue? If not, then here's how to install it:

Guest 9999

Update: Continues working properly with latest EAM release.

EAM 11.0.0.6054 with Comodo Firewall 8.2.0.4792, Windows 10.

Using the below method allowed a temporary workaround to access the Emsisoft Anti-Malware Security Overview menus.

I was able to open the program from the task bar icon by using the following method:

Right click on shield icon, "Protection status", "Disable Behavior Blocker".

Then double left click back on the shield icon and the program window opened successfully. (No crash report error).

Once above is completed, follow below re-post (from Emsisoft Support) instructions to install beta version:

I only must tell you Cris  EAM Comodo firewall slows down the system when execute some scripts to clean temp files or view even log and include the start up takes lot a time and notice a high usage of hd 5 minutes