Runc

EIS 11 - server app ploblem

Some server applications who create server socket and accepts connections, after upgrading to EIS 11 stopped working. For example, Serviio, debugger of MS Visual Studio 2013 (debugging C ++ is not possible). Disable All Protection mechanisms does not help. After uninstall the EIS application it works fine.

Have you tried adding exclusions to the whitelist for these programs that are having trouble? We usually recommend adding the folder the program runs out of as a Folder exclusion, and adding the program itself as a Process exclusion.

Here are instructions on adding processes to the whitelist in Emsisoft Internet Security:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security from the icon on the desktop.
  • Click Protection.
  • Select File Guard in the menu at the top.
  • On the right side, roughly in the middle, click on the Manage whitelist button.
  • In the box under Type click the little down arrow and select Process (you may need to click in the box for the arrow appear).
  • Click in the gray box below Item to make a button with three dots (...) appear, and then click the ... button.
  • Navigate to the directory where the files you wish to exclude are located, and double-click on one of them to add it.
  • Repeat the last 3 steps as needed to add each file to the exclusions list.
  • Click the OK button at the bottom when done, and close Emsisoft Internet Security.
Folder exclusions are nearly identical, you just select "Folder" instead of "Process".

Have you tried adding exclusions to the whitelist for these programs that are having trouble?

Yes, that was the first thing I did, second - disable All Protection. And it would be very strange if this option continues to work without protection.

I found the problem. If at the start of OS the Firewall Protection is disabled, the network services are not working. After turning on the Firewall Protection and restart the system, these services are working fine.

In that case it could be a driver issue. I'll ask one of our developers and see if he knows what might be causing it, although chances are he will want some debug information.

The developer asked if you would be willing to try the latest beta version of Emsisoft Internet Security to see if the issue is resolved. Here's how to install that beta if you would like to try it:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  • On the left, under Update Settings, click on the box to the right of Update feed and select Beta from the list.
  • Click on the Update now button on the right side.

I'm glad to hear that the beta helped. If you have any feedback about the beta, then please be sure to let me know.