sandboxie lockup

hello ive just found my first problem with version 5, im running xpsp3 with defensewall 3 and sandboxie free with only firefox allowed to run in sandboxie and auto delete of sandboxie when i close firefox.

Everything runs fine in firefox till i close the browser, sandboxie wont delete contests and i get complete lock up and have no choice but to switch power ooff with a hard reser.

Anyone experiencing the same and is there a workaround, any help much appreciated, everything run fine with this setup with 4.5 so the upgrade to 5 has broken something.

Please be sure to add the following rules to Sandboxie:

OpenIpcPath=*\BaseNamedObjects*\{A2IPCMUTEX}a2_ipc
OpenPipePath=\Device\NamedPipe\{A2IPC}a2_ipc

Does the problem still occur?

where do i put rules in sanboxie, probably being thick but cant find where?

Win 7 (32), sbie (sandboxie) beta 3.45.10, PCtools Plus firewall, Emsisoft anti-malware 5.0.0.49, IE8/FF3.6 . no other active anti-malware.

Hey Gaz1:

I'm not having any problems with auto-delete, but sbie IE8 is taking 25-30sec to open!

I had similar slowdown issues with A-Squared anti-malware 4.5, conflicting with sbie.

I posted on the sbie forum, and Tzuk (sbie dev) came up with a beta fix.

I recently posted my slowdown issue on the sbie "Problem Reports" forum, and I suggest you do the same ASAP with your auto-delete lockup issue!

Sounds like you have program conflicts!

You don't have more than 1 active anti-malware or firewall do you?

You didn't provide enough system information!?

~~~~

I suggest that you be MUCH more specific in describing your computer system!

See the top 2 lines in this post!- Tzuk (or ANY forum!) will need your EXACT info to troubleshoot an issue!

G'night

Scott

...Sounds like you have program conflicts!

You don't have more than 1 active anti-malware or firewall do you?

You didn't provide enough system information!?

~~~~

I suggest that you be MUCH more specific in describing your computer system!

See the top 2 lines in this post!- Tzuk (or ANY forum!) will need your EXACT info to troubleshoot an issue!...

Exactly correct comment!

That's why this Forum Posting Rules Sticky[/color] was created.

Otherwise it makes it more difficult to find the cause of a problem & it's leading to many similar questions all the time...

One can use signatures in order to reduce the number of questions that are asked continuously

the cross-reference is here

My regards

From sbie forum-

The lock-up problem is getting in the way of anything else. Once the lock ups are out of the way' date=' I can look into the issue of slow performance.[/quote']

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5.0:

Fixed an issue that caused a freeze on certain registry operations (Sandboxie incompatibility).Fixed safe mode startup problem.

View the full article

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here:

http://support.emsisoft.com/index.php?showtopic=1993

I never did have a lockup/freeze problem, and this beta update did NOT solve my performance/ slow opening IE8/FF3.6 issue ( I was hoping it would?).

If an sbie/EAM user wants to install this EAM beta?-

Security Status, Configuration, Update.

Tick "Install Beta Updates".

Reboot, and EAM will auto-install the 2.7mb beta update on startup.

• 2 weeks later...

is this solved yet as i uninstalled and want to reinstall but not if the lockup still occurs??

EAM5 (Emsisoft Anti-Malware) has done some major updates, and may have solved the problem?

I never did have the lockup problem, but my slowdown problem is a "little" better on my laptop.

I uninstalled EAM on my desktop, and have "upgraded" to Avira Antivir Premium-

It's blazing fast, and most all of my applications are faster!

I also upgraded to free MyDefrag 4.3.1 (compatible with all late Win versions), and got a 20% performance increase on most (NOTE!- You MUST Disable Windows Defrag in Services..., for most ANY 3d party defrag!)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for guarantees that your lockup won't occur?- There are no guarantees in life!

So what if you may have to hard shutdown, and do some uninstalls...

It's not like you are losing data, or having to reformat!

Did you run excellent free CCleaner (after a fresh restart!), and cleanup old files/registry (2 restarts)?

Following this, a chkdsk/repair...(2 restarts) wouldn't be a bad idea!?

Then a defrag (2 restarts), Before installs!

Be sure you add the following rules to Sandboxie in order for the behavior blocker and surf protection to work correctly:

OpenIpcPath=*\BaseNamedObjects*\{A2IPCMUTEX}a2_ipc
OpenPipePath=\Device\NamedPipe\{A2IPC}a2_ipc

Done and surf protection now works, thankyou

Is this where you added them gazs 1?

It still doesn`t seem to work for me, maybe i`m just being dumb!

I`ll leave the sandboxie picture up in case someone else needs it.

The Hosts Rules don`t seem to be working correctly for me either. Tryed to block www.facebook.com and i can still get there!

Windows 7 32Bit, Emsisoft 5.0.0.53, Online Armour Free.

After a bit of testing i found that this only occurs if Firefox is sandboxed (it is fine not in the box). Allthough with Internet Explorer it doesn`t matter either way.

Not a biggie though!