HAWKI

EMIS 11 Tray Icon Not Showing

EMIS 11 is running BUT I can not get the tray icon to show???  Have rebooted several times with same result. It is set to show icon and notifications.

Was showing fine last night even after some rebooting. Dunno what happened.

UPDATE: Same after several reboots.........Aw Nutz !! Gonna have to reinstall :-(

I had it set to start at start up. Dunno. Maybe somehow that got changed.

In any event a clean reinstall has solved the issue and it has survived one reboot. Hope it stays that way :-)

Nice that the EMIS uninstall, install is so simple and fast :-)

The uninstall is not totally clean. It leaves at least the Quarantine which IMHO is intended and is a very good feature (Unless some very clever malware writer designs a script that initially wants to be detected and quarantined and which can detect that action which triggers it to somehow worm it's way out of a quarantine and reconfigure itself after the escape. Dunno if that is possible.)

I had it set to start at start up. Dunno. Maybe somehow that got changed.

This has happened to me after the update of the last two (or three?) builds. I know I did not change the setting, yet following the first boot after update, "Enable real-time protection at startup" is unchecked. I'm sure the un-checked setting is not intended, but it seems to be the de facto default.

This has happened to me after the update of the last two (or three?) builds. I know I did not change the setting, yet following the first boot after update, "Enable real-time protection at startup" is unchecked. I'm sure the un-checked setting is not intended, but it seems to be the de facto default.

Thanks Tester. I will have to remember to check on it.

Are you still having issues with the System Tray icon?

It happens (to me) only at an EIS program update when a system restart is required. However, I think it did not occur after yesterday's firewall update. Waiting for the next build to see if the problem recurs.

I've noticed the option to enable protection on system start being turned off after a computer restart, however the System Tray icon was there even though the option was off. It is possible that the option is turned off during service start, which would mean it would take a second restart before noticing protection on running at system startup (however this is untested and is merely a guess). It is also possible that the check box in the UI isn't actually effecting the option in the config file, and the coreect state (on/off) is not being reflected in the UI. There may be other possibilities as well, and our QA team will have to do some testing to see if they can figure out what is going on.

It happens (to me) only at an EIS program update when a system restart is required. However, I think it did not occur after yesterday's firewall update. Waiting for the next build to see if the problem recurs.

Just updated to 5935. This time "Enable protection . . ." remains checked upon restart, and the icon appeared in the system tray as well. So, whatever the problem was, appears to be fixed now.