paulderdash

File Guard blocking Nirsoft Utilities Win 8.1 File History

Hi

Many Nirsoft Utilities are blocked by the BitDefender scanner but I have alowed these.

What is a PITA though, these are again blocked each time they are updated and backed up via the File History process, and there seems to be no way to allow these on a permanent basis, because different  temporary files are used in the process.

Is there a way to exclude these e.g. exclude a folder in Manage Whitelist ... I don't think so?

Else the only option would be to switch File History off, as I don't really use it anyway ...

Are the temporary files all saved in the same folder? If so, that folder can be added to the whitelist to prevent such issues.

Here's some instructions on adding a Folder exclusion in Emsisoft Internet Security:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security from the icon on the desktop.
  • Click Protection.
  • Select File Guard in the menu at the top.
  • On the right side, roughly in the middle, click on the Manage whitelist button.
  • In the box under Type click the little down arrow and select Folder (you may need to click in the box for the arrow appear).
  • Click in the gray box below Item to make a button with three dots (...) appear, and then click the ... button.
  • Navigate to the directory you wish to exclude, select it, and click OK at the bottom to add it.
  • Click the OK button at the bottom when done, and close Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Upvote 1